User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    I am now LVholicmum juicyholicmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Land down under
    Posts
    3,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default HELP!!! Need your opinions quick!

    Ladies, I'm narrowing down my anniversary presie to 2 bags...

    an LV Multicolore Speedy in black (pre-owned and repaired) for $600 from fashionphile


    or

    an LV Damier Speedy 25 (preowned) $560.00 from authentic_lvlady


    I really want the LV MC (as even before I even liked LV, I've liked the black MC speedy), but my DH doesn't like it cos it was repaired. What do you reckon? I need to make a decision asap so I can put in a deposit. thanks ladies

  2. #2
    Totally Purse Obsessed Arianne12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,233
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: HELP!!! Need your opinions quick!

    I prefer the Damier just because it's more subtle.

    Btw, I thought you decided on a brand new Damier?
    Last edited by Arianne12; July 5th, 2008 at 03:32 AM.

  3. #3
    I am now LVholicmum juicyholicmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Land down under
    Posts
    3,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: HELP!!! Need your opinions quick!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arianne12 View Post
    I prefer the Damier just because it's more subtle.

    Btw, I thought you decided on a brand new Damier?
    i know i did... i'm getting it on december... i just keep changing my mind... I might go for the MC though... cos i've always liked it, (just couldn't really afford it lol)

  4. #4
    ♥'s RM Jess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,434
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: HELP!!! Need your opinions quick!

    I'd go for the damier!

  5. #5
    Official Bagista
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: HELP!!! Need your opinions quick!

    I wouldnt buy the repaired one. The bag retails for about $2000 and if you can get it for less than half price, there is a reason.

    I also wouldnt get the damier because you said you were going to get one in December.

    If you have $600, why not either get the brand new damier now, or get a new bag of sorts.

    The only preowned bags I would consider would be limited edition bags that are disconttinued and in pristine condition

  6. #6
    Official Bagista
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: HELP!!! Need your opinions quick!

    what about the coach optic signature baby bag? It comes in a beautiful pink or baby blue and is $398usd. After baby is too old for the baby bag, it would still be a beautiful tote.

  7. #7
    Rising Bag Star
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: HELP!!! Need your opinions quick!

    The damier will be a classic. It will last you for years and be more versatile.

  8. #8
    Vintage Lover lilstrlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: HELP!!! Need your opinions quick!

    I don't think it matters if it was repaired or not - if you can't tell, then what's the big deal? Plus, if it was repaired, it means it's like new again. I guess it depends on what you think you would use more and what you like more.
    Mrs. Lawson
    7-16-11

  9. #9
    I am now LVholicmum juicyholicmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Land down under
    Posts
    3,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: HELP!!! Need your opinions quick!

    ^^^ITA... so I went for the LV MC.... just because I'm so in love with it....lol.

  10. #10
    I am now LVholicmum juicyholicmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Land down under
    Posts
    3,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: HELP!!! Need your opinions quick!

    Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDiva_83 View Post
    I wouldnt buy the repaired one. The bag retails for about $2000 and if you can get it for less than half price, there is a reason.

    I also wouldnt get the damier because you said you were going to get one in December.

    If you have $600, why not either get the brand new damier now, or get a new bag of sorts.

    The only preowned bags I would consider would be limited edition bags that are disconttinued and in pristine condition
    Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDiva_83 View Post
    what about the coach optic signature baby bag? It comes in a beautiful pink or baby blue and is $398usd. After baby is too old for the baby bag, it would still be a beautiful tote.

    Thanks Nashville for that, the reason the bag is really cheap was because it had a cut in the leather and it was repaired in and out, I examined all the photos and I'm ok with that, so I went for it.

    I would love to get a brand new damier now, but it retails for $975 here in Australia... so yea can't afford it now...

    I was really considering getting other bags, like new bags but I really want an LV, and now I feel at peace....

  11. #11
    I am now LVholicmum juicyholicmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Land down under
    Posts
    3,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: HELP!!! Need your opinions quick!

    Thanks for all your opinions ladies, I went for the LV MC... Thanks again I really appreciate it.

  12. #12
    Totally Purse Obsessed Arianne12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,233
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: HELP!!! Need your opinions quick!

    ^^ Did you go for it? Congrats! You said you wanted it from the start so what you feel is all that matters.

    Post pics when she turns up.

  13. #13
    I am now LVholicmum juicyholicmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Land down under
    Posts
    3,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: HELP!!! Need your opinions quick!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arianne12 View Post
    ^^ Did you go for it? Congrats! You said you wanted it from the start so what you feel is all that matters.

    Post pics when she turns up.
    ^^^ Yea I did... I couldn't stop myself. Lol!!!

    it'll take about a month as I'm completing payment at the end of the month...

  14. #14
    Official Bagista
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: HELP!!! Need your opinions quick!

    Quote Originally Posted by juicyholicmum View Post
    Thanks Nashville for that, the reason the bag is really cheap was because it had a cut in the leather and it was repaired in and out, I examined all the photos and I'm ok with that, so I went for it.

    I would love to get a brand new damier now, but it retails for $975 here in Australia... so yea can't afford it now...

    I was really considering getting other bags, like new bags but I really want an LV, and now I feel at peace....
    $975??? Man...it's $680 here so I thought the prices for the new and used were close (I was like...why does she want a used one when a new one is only $80 more?)

    Congrats on the Speedy!

  15. #15
    I am now LVholicmum juicyholicmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Land down under
    Posts
    3,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: HELP!!! Need your opinions quick!

    Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDiva_83 View Post
    $975??? Man...it's $680 here so I thought the prices for the new and used were close (I was like...why does she want a used one when a new one is only $80 more?)

    Congrats on the Speedy!
    Thanks Nashville!!! Yea it's abig rip off yea? I think it's the taxes or something... if it was $680 here I'd definitely get a brand new one... even the MC speedy here is like $ 3,000+++ so yea everything here is a bit more than normal. lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •