User Tag List

  1. #511
    Official Bagista gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: whats every one doing?

    The thing about the weight is tricky. If you say "bloated" and/or they assume that your retaining water, that would indicate estrogen dominance because that is one of the side effects. BUT, if the weight gain is due to increased apetite, well, that's a bit different. The progestin comes into play in this case. Estrogen is used to alleviate hot flashes, so it makes sense that you're having them more often after the estrogen dose was reduced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #512
    ♥ Moderator ♥ Zombiegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    RM Obsessed!
    Posts
    19,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: whats every one doing?

    [QUOTE=boysRsmelly;64659]Gizmo - Actually, they just switched me to a pill with a lower estrogen dose because I was complaining about my weight. They said try this pill and stop eating bread. But now I've been having hot flashes more often. Geez... you'd think I was my mom's age.[/QUOTE]


    Hey now bRs!!!
    W I S H ♥ L I S T
    Loving my collection!

  3. #513
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: whats every one doing?

    ^^^ What? My mom just went through menopause.

  4. #514
    ♥ Moderator ♥ Zombiegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    RM Obsessed!
    Posts
    19,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: whats every one doing?

    ^^ I am going through menopause!! It totally sucks!!
    W I S H ♥ L I S T
    Loving my collection!

  5. #515
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: whats every one doing?

    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    The thing about the weight is tricky. If you say "bloated" and/or they assume that your retaining water, that would indicate estrogen dominance because that is one of the side effects. BUT, if the weight gain is due to increased apetite, well, that's a bit different. The progestin comes into play in this case. Estrogen is used to alleviate hot flashes, so it makes sense that you're having them more often after the estrogen dose was reduced.
    I'm sure my doctor just threw these ones at me to shut me up. I suppose I do feel less bloated though. LOL! But I still need to stop eating so much...

  6. #516
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: whats every one doing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
    ^^ I am going through menopause!! It totally sucks!!
    Isn't that because of your other issues though?

  7. #517
    ♥ Moderator ♥ Zombiegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    RM Obsessed!
    Posts
    19,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: whats every one doing?

    Quote Originally Posted by boysRsmelly View Post
    Isn't that because of your other issues though?
    Yes, but it still sucks and my family calls me "Grandma".
    W I S H ♥ L I S T
    Loving my collection!

  8. #518
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: whats every one doing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
    Yes, but it still sucks and my family calls me "Grandma".
    LOL! Well I certainly don't think you're a grandma!

  9. #519
    ♥ Moderator ♥ Zombiegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    RM Obsessed!
    Posts
    19,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: whats every one doing?

    Quote Originally Posted by boysRsmelly View Post
    LOL! Well I certainly don't think you're a grandma!
    I'm a Babushka!! LOL!!
    W I S H ♥ L I S T
    Loving my collection!

  10. #520
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: whats every one doing?

    ^^^ ROFL!!!!

  11. #521
    Official Bagista gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool Re: whats every one doing?

    Grandma! What, are you 100 years old? As far as I'm concerned you're that femme fatale in your signature. Actually, I've often wondered if that's you. And you, brs, you have the funniest name ever
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #522
    ♥'s RM Jess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,434
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: whats every one doing?

    Lol, I think that's Kate Moss in her siggy. I've actutally wondered what some people on here looked like. Not to sound creepy though!!

  13. #523
    Official Bagista gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool Re: whats every one doing?

    OMG! Look at the time! I have got to take a shower. It's just so hard...I'm so tired...OK, I'm going
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  14. #524
    Official Bagista
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: whats every one doing?

    I am at work...trying to get stuff done. I am having a really bad day and wish I could take off, but I have SO MUCH to do it's not even funny. I just want to lay my head on my desk and cry..but you can't cry in corporate america if you are a woman...even if your boss is a girl. I wish I could though. If I had an office, I would shut the door and cry.

  15. #525
    Official Bagista gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: whats every one doing?

    I hate "Corporate America." With a few exceptions, it dehumanizes and demoralizes us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •