User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default When Ecology and Luxury Join Forces...

    I saw this little tidbit at the bottom of the December newsletter... interesting.
    Here's a link to the site... they even have Al Gore on there.
    Louis Vuitton: French fashion designer

    What do you girls think?
    Last edited by boysRsmelly; March 3rd, 2008 at 12:48 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator/Blogger VivaLaJuicy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,816
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: When Ecology and Luxury Join Forces...

    ^^^ Wow...Interesting! Would that effect any price increases??!

  3. #3
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: When Ecology and Luxury Join Forces...

    Quote Originally Posted by VivaLaJuicy View Post
    ^^^ Wow...Interesting! Would that effect any price increases??!
    You know... I was wondering the same thing. You know, like organic food... good for the environment, good for you, but more expensive.

  4. #4
    je veux tout !!! Mon Vuitton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    274
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: When Ecology and Luxury Join Forces...

    If you haven't noticed, before when you would buy a bag at the boutique, they would give you a heavy card board hard-sided box. Now its just the collapseable cardboard they give you !!

  5. #5
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: When Ecology and Luxury Join Forces...

    I still think its a good thing though... I wish more companies would make the effort (big or small).

  6. #6
    Moderator/Blogger VivaLaJuicy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,816
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: When Ecology and Luxury Join Forces...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Vuitton View Post
    If you haven't noticed, before when you would buy a bag at the boutique, they would give you a heavy card board hard-sided box. Now its just the collapseable cardboard they give you !!

    Or they don't give you a box at all... When I purchased from LV Ceasars Palace... they put my bags in their dustbags and inside the shopping bag... with no box! I had to ask them to give me two boxes...

  7. #7
    Rising Bag Star tamyvinec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    PARIS & San Francisco
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: When Ecology and Luxury Join Forces...

    Quote Originally Posted by VivaLaJuicy View Post
    Or they don't give you a box at all... When I purchased from LV Ceasars Palace... they put my bags in their dustbags and inside the shopping bag... with no box! I had to ask them to give me two boxes...
    NO BOX!! No no!! WRONG ! Good that you ask them

    Wish there were more compagnies to do that too!

  8. #8
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: When Ecology and Luxury Join Forces...

    So why not just make the boxes the same thickness, but make them from recycled paper? I do agree though, I would prefer to have the box because I'd feel "safer" storing my bag inside the dust bag, inside the box... not just inside the dust bag and sitting on a shelf. I know... I'm paranoid. LOL! But I just think the box would keep it safer. I wouldn't mind a box made of recycled paper though.

  9. #9
    Moderator/Blogger VivaLaJuicy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,816
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: When Ecology and Luxury Join Forces...

    Quote Originally Posted by boysRsmelly View Post
    So why not just make the boxes the same thickness, but make them from recycled paper? I do agree though, I would prefer to have the box because I'd feel "safer" storing my bag inside the dust bag, inside the box... not just inside the dust bag and sitting on a shelf. I know... I'm paranoid. LOL! But I just think the box would keep it safer. I wouldn't mind a box made of recycled paper though.

    Yeah I like the Boxes too!!! When I asked for a box they told me that there was no use for them since I shouldn't store my bags in the box.... for the reason that the vachetta wouldn't patina... I still refused to walk out of there without a box!!! And I got one for each bag...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •