User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is the bag real?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    0 0%
  • No

    0 0%
  • Not sure

    0 0%
  • Maybe

    0 0%
  1. #1156
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Add designerindusrties on Facebook
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Idea Help Authenticating??

    Hi,

    I have received a Louis Vuitton bag, to my belief is NOT authentic.
    I believe the work is to sloppy, I may doubt myself...
    All logos are accurate and on zipper. Even the patch says made in France.

    I wanted a few insights from other bag lovers, especially with LV.
    I don't ever get LV, and do not know a lot about them.

    What is the NUMBER 1 thing that can prove it to be a knock-off?

  2. #1157
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Help Authenticating??

    There isn't really one thing that proves something is fake. "Rules" are going to vary between styles and between current/vintage styles. Can you post detailed photos?

  3. #1158
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    This is my first post so any apologies if I do not follow the correct format. I just purchased a LV Damier Ebene Speedy 30 from Ruelala.com, which was selling on behalf of LuxeDH. The event on Rue ended about a week or so ago and this was the "only" Damier Ebene Speedy 30 that was available as a part of their Luxury and Vintage offering.

    I've gotten mixed reviews on LuxeDH so I want to make sure that this is real before I give this purse to my wife (her first Louis!). The bag arrived with the security tag you see in the pics as well as a card "certifying" authenticity on behalf of LuxeDH. I have some questions on whether this item is authentic or not and I'm definitely no expert. I'd like to ensure authenticity or I will send it back ASAP. Anyone have experience with this vendor?

    I question it in part b/c it appears as though this one was made in '06 (SP0096 code), yet the leather condition (perfect) doesn't seem to suggest usage, however the rivets do show some oxidation. There are also 6 stitches across the top of the handle/sides, though I know that 5 is no longer considered a must. It did not come with the cloth bag or the lock/key set. The SP code is a little suspect as well since I know that the France bags are considered more "rare" nowadays.
    Any comments are welcome and thank you so much for your help!

    Here are a few of the photos I took after receiving it. Anything that you guys can do to put my nerves to rest would be much appreciated! Thank you!

    image-1.jpegimage-3.jpegimage-4.jpegimage-6.jpegimage-7.jpegimage-8.jpegimage-10.jpegimage-11.jpeg
    Last edited by dmwmerlin; September 15th, 2014 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Pics didn't load...

  4. #1159
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    Quote Originally Posted by dmwmerlin View Post
    This is my first post so any apologies if I do not follow the correct format. I just purchased a LV Damier Ebene Speedy 30 from Ruelala.com, which was selling on behalf of LuxeDH. The event on Rue ended about a week or so ago and this was the "only" Damier Ebene Speedy 30 that was available as a part of their Luxury and Vintage offering.

    I've gotten mixed reviews on LuxeDH so I want to make sure that this is real before I give this purse to my wife (her first Louis!). The bag arrived with the security tag you see in the pics as well as a card "certifying" authenticity on behalf of LuxeDH. I have some questions on whether this item is authentic or not and I'm definitely no expert. I'd like to ensure authenticity or I will send it back ASAP. Anyone have experience with this vendor?

    I question it in part b/c it appears as though this one was made in '06 (SP0096 code), yet the leather condition (perfect) doesn't seem to suggest usage, however the rivets do show some oxidation. There are also 6 stitches across the top of the handle/sides, though I know that 5 is no longer considered a must. It did not come with the cloth bag or the lock/key set. The SP code is a little suspect as well since I know that the France bags are considered more "rare" nowadays.
    Any comments are welcome and thank you so much for your help!

    Here are a few of the photos I took after receiving it. Anything that you guys can do to put my nerves to rest would be much appreciated! Thank you!

    image-1.jpegimage-3.jpegimage-4.jpegimage-6.jpegimage-7.jpegimage-8.jpegimage-10.jpegimage-11.jpeg
    Here's a few others that didn't post the first time...

    image-4.jpegimage-9.jpeg

    image-10.jpeg

  5. #1160
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    Seems good but need a better picture of the Louis Vuitton heatstamp.

  6. #1161
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    I don't see anything that would make me think it's fake. The date code is fine. The leather used for the Ebene is surprisingly durable. But it is also possible this piece was sitting in a closet for 8 years. It does happen. You would expect to see 6 stitches along to top of the handle tab on a Damier Speedy, so you shouldn't be worried about that.

    It used to be that most Damier were produced in France or Spain, but that may have changed. Not sure. But you would normally expect to see a Damier piece that says made in France or Spain (sometimes USA).

  7. #1162
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    Quote Originally Posted by Louis-V View Post
    Seems good but need a better picture of the Louis Vuitton heatstamp.
    Does this help with assessing the heat stamp?

    image.jpg

    image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dmwmerlin; September 16th, 2014 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Add photo

  8. #1163
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    Hi!
    I need help with knowing if this is real or not. Who can help? Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM

    CIMG4571[1].JPGCIMG4569[1].JPGCIMG4568[1].JPGCIMG4567[1].JPGCIMG4566[1].JPGCIMG4565[1].JPGCIMG4564[1].JPG

  9. #1164
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    Quote Originally Posted by dmwmerlin View Post
    Does this help with assessing the heat stamp?

    image.jpg

    image.jpg
    These pictures look the same as the originals, but I don't see any red flags.

  10. #1165
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    Quote Originally Posted by djensenmn View Post
    Hi!
    I need help with knowing if this is real or not. Who can help? Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM

    CIMG4571[1].JPGCIMG4569[1].JPGCIMG4568[1].JPGCIMG4567[1].JPGCIMG4566[1].JPGCIMG4565[1].JPGCIMG4564[1].JPG
    I'd like to see straight-on pictures of the heatstamp, clip, zipper pull, and a rivet.

  11. #1166
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Please Help!

    I'm trying to find out the name of a particular wallet/checkbook. It is of course made by LV, it is a bifold, meaning it folds like the Brazza and is similar in style and size, and it has a snap closure. If anyone knows the name of it, could you please tell me.

    Thank you so much

  12. #1167
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Please Help!

    It does not have a coin pouch on the inside.

  13. #1168
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    Hi There Everyone

    I'm a Newbie in here and I need to get my LV wallet to be Auth and everytime I upload the picture it seems to be failed . To the authenticator out there , would you help me to Auth it using email&pics ?

  14. #1169
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzeus View Post
    Hi There Everyone

    I'm a Newbie in here and I need to get my LV wallet to be Auth and everytime I upload the picture it seems to be failed . To the authenticator out there , would you help me to Auth it using email&pics ?
    Are your pictures too big? Try resizing them first.

  15. Thanks Vinzeus thanked for this post
  16. #1170
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    Finally it's done and here it's my wallet picture , please help Auth it . Thank You

    Name : Brazza Wallet
    Code : TH0098.
    Made In : France
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 30 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 30 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •