User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is the bag real?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    0 0%
  • No

    0 0%
  • Not sure

    0 0%
  • Maybe

    0 0%
  1. #706
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    Thank you for giving it a look.I have always bought her LV bags thru eluxury in the past so this was the first time purchasing used and the more reading I've been doing the more nervous I was becoming about getting stuck with a fake.

  2. #707
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    Hello All! I've been looking for a good designer handbag forum for AGES and finally found one that I like :). I recently aquired what looks to be a "vintage" LV bag but a few things throw me off about it. I can normally tell a authentic bag from a fake one but this one has me puzzled. It "looks" authentic but little things such as lettering and the lining are throwing me off. There is no date code inside, however I know vintage bags don't have date codes. Could anyone help me find out if this bag is authentic or not and what the design is? Any help is MUCH appreciated! Thanks!

    I have linked my Flickr photo stream of the bag in question:

    www [email protected]/?saved=1

    *add a "." between "www" and "flickr"

  3. #708
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    Quote Originally Posted by LouisVuittonDon View Post
    Hello All! I've been looking for a good designer handbag forum for AGES and finally found one that I like :). I recently aquired what looks to be a "vintage" LV bag but a few things throw me off about it. I can normally tell a authentic bag from a fake one but this one has me puzzled. It "looks" authentic but little things such as lettering and the lining are throwing me off. There is no date code inside, however I know vintage bags don't have date codes. Could anyone help me find out if this bag is authentic or not and what the design is? Any help is MUCH appreciated! Thanks!

    I have linked my Flickr photo stream of the bag in question:

    www [email protected]/?saved=1

    *add a "." between "www" and "flickr"
    This doesn't look authentic. Although some vintage LV items don't have perfect alignment, there are other things that are wrong. LV never used exterior patches like that. The lining is wrong and the zipper pull is wrong. Vintage LV used Eclair, Talon, or C&C brand zippers. I've never seen one with a YKK zipper.

  4. #709
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Purchase authentic bag from Emi Bella.com; any feedback good or bad?

    Can you tell me if this bag is real? ebay item 120829556075

  5. #710
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    Can you also tell me if 250950228000 ebay item number looks real? thanks so much guys

  6. #711
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Purchase authentic bag from Emi Bella.com; any feedback good or bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by hotskate View Post
    Can you tell me if this bag is real? ebay item 120829556075
    I don't see any red flags from what I can see. Do they have a pic of the date code?

  7. #712
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Purchase authentic bag from Emi Bella.com; any feedback good or bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by boysRsmelly View Post
    I don't see any red flags from what I can see. Do they have a pic of the date code?
    Do you have email? You know if 550 is fair?

  8. #713
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Purchase authentic bag from Emi Bella.com; any feedback good or bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by hotskate View Post
    Do you have email? You know if 550 is fair?
    You can post the pic here. Instead of Quick Reply, click Go Advanced. Scroll down to manage attachments. You can upload the pic there.
    If it's in good condition, I think $550 is probably a fair price.

  9. #714
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    boysRsmelly can you take a look at this one 330657780346 ebay... Thank you so much, I really appriciate it.

  10. #715
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    Quote Originally Posted by boysRsmelly View Post
    I don't see anything suspicious with this one either.
    I appreciate the feedback. I felt pretty confident with the purchase, but it's nice to have another pair of eyes. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

  11. #716
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default LV saumur

    Hi

    I've bought this bag on ebay and am now worried its not authentic. Can you look for me please.

    eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

    Thanks Duang

  12. #717
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: LV saumur

    Quote Originally Posted by Duang View Post
    Hi

    I've bought this bag on ebay and am now worried its not authentic. Can you look for me please.

    eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

    Thanks Duang
    Thde item number is 130597901301

  13. #718
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: LV saumur

    Quote Originally Posted by Duang View Post
    Thde item number is 130597901301
    I don't see anything suspicious. What was worrying you?

  14. #719
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    Hi! I'm new to tis forum. I bought a Louis Vuitton Manhattan GM recently. The bag looks authentic except for the date code. It is stamped on a little tag instead of being directly on the interior lining of the bag. Do all Manhattans have the date code stamped directly on the lining?
    Thanks!IMG_5400..jpg

  15. #720
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Louis Vuitton Handbag: Please authenticate this purse

    Quote Originally Posted by mustlovebags View Post
    Hi! I'm new to tis forum. I bought a Louis Vuitton Manhattan GM recently. The bag looks authentic except for the date code. It is stamped on a little tag instead of being directly on the interior lining of the bag. Do all Manhattans have the date code stamped directly on the lining?
    Thanks!IMG_5400..jpg
    As far as I know, they all had the date code embossed into the lining. I looked around at some authentic ones online and they all had it embossed into the lining. Do you have more pics of the bag we can look at?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 34 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 34 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •