User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51
  1. #16
    Totally Purse Obsessed Arianne12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,233
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Embarrassed guest with fake Jimmy Choo.

    Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDiva_83 View Post
    you guys all should be ashamed of yourselves delighting in someones misfortune and embarrassment. Although my personal preference is to buy the real deal as it is my hobby, I would never belittle or make someone uncomfortable because they have a fake. It's that level of snobbiness that makes even the most gorgeous woman ugly. Many women are insecure to begin with, so to tear them down because their little bag wasn't designed or made in the right factory is heinous and catty.
    In case you didn't read my post properly, I had expressed how awkward the situation was and how badly I felt for her even though I don't condone fakes. At no time did I put her down in my post or did I make her feel embarrassed at the time. I hate situations where someone feel embarrassed because I know how it feels and I, myself, have my own insecurities. I shared this as an anecdote. I am sorry that you are offended and felt the need to attack us all.

  2. #17
    Vintage Lover lilstrlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Embarrassed guest with fake Jimmy Choo.

    I don't think she was referring to you Arianne
    Mrs. Lawson
    7-16-11

  3. #18
    \(^.^)/ Jennifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    28,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Jennifer On Twitter Add Jennifer on Facebook
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Embarrassed guest with fake Jimmy Choo.

    Aww poor girl..she must have been really embarrassed

  4. #19
    Is Back BagDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Embarrassed guest with fake Jimmy Choo.

    Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDiva_83 View Post
    you guys all should be ashamed of yourselves delighting in someones misfortune and embarrassment. Although my personal preference is to buy the real deal as it is my hobby, I would never belittle or make someone uncomfortable because they have a fake. It's that level of snobbiness that makes even the most gorgeous woman ugly. Many women are insecure to begin with, so to tear them down because their little bag wasn't designed or made in the right factory is heinous and catty.
    Are you serious? I'd proudly carry a knit bag my grammy made me over a fake and I have yet to even own a real designer bag. BUT the idea that the "poor girl" knew she was carrying a fake, she should also have to wear a shirt that says, "I bought this fake to almost be in style, even though I know it was made by little 12 year old sweat shop girls who won't get paid but the money does go to fund terrorists."

    Get real.
    Last edited by BagDiva; July 20th, 2008 at 03:53 PM. Reason: i'm a bad speller
    FALL IS HERE

  5. #20
    Vintage Lover lilstrlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Embarrassed guest with fake Jimmy Choo.

    I think we're getting back to the same thing as the "Fake bag" thread, I think we should keep it nice girls.

    TBF isn't a place for people to be mean to each other or make others feel bad.
    Mrs. Lawson
    7-16-11

  6. #21
    Totally Purse Obsessed Arianne12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,233
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Embarrassed guest with fake Jimmy Choo.

    Quote Originally Posted by lilstrlett View Post
    I don't think she was referring to you Arianne
    I read "you guys all" so I assume it was me included. I don't like any animosity especially since I really enjoy interacting with everyone, including with NashvilleDiva.

  7. #22
    vodka queen Caitlin_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,071
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Embarrassed guest with fake Jimmy Choo.

    Quote Originally Posted by BagDiva View Post
    Are you serious? I'd proudly carry a knit bag my grammy made me over a fake and I have yet to even own a real designer bag. BUT the idea that the "poor girl" knew she was carrying a fake, she should also have to wear a shirt that says, "I bought this fake to almost be in style, even though I know it was made by little 12 year old sweat shop girls who won't get paid but the money does go to fund terrorists."

    Get real.
    Consider how many mainstream companies have questionable labour practises, bitching about a woman who carries a fake based on some sort of "supporting child labour" thing is kinda hypocritical for the average person.
    I agree fakes are rather tacky, but I don't think a notion of buying a fake therefore = child labour supporter requires a witch hunt for this woman.
    As that would require a witch hunt upon the average, everyday, regular Joe.
    anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
    -- oscar wilde.

  8. #23
    Is Back BagDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Embarrassed guest with fake Jimmy Choo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin_ View Post
    Consider how many mainstream companies have questionable labour practises, bitching about a woman who carries a fake based on some sort of "supporting child labour" thing is kinda hypocritical for the average person.
    I agree fakes are rather tacky, but I don't think a notion of buying a fake therefore = child labour supporter requires a witch hunt for this woman.
    As that would require a witch hunt upon the average, everyday, regular Joe.

    What? I don't understand your point? Witch hunt? No, the fakes are made overseas in factories with children? How witchy is that? I'm sorry but I don't see your point.
    FALL IS HERE

  9. #24
    vodka queen Caitlin_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,071
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Embarrassed guest with fake Jimmy Choo.

    Quote Originally Posted by BagDiva View Post
    What? I don't understand your point? Witch hunt? No, the fakes are made overseas in factories with children? How witchy is that? I'm sorry but I don't see your point.
    Its quite simple.

    Plenty of mainsteam companies have questionable labour practises. Even if you take American Apparel with the benefits and such they have in place for its people who actually create the garments, Dov Charney has been accused of sexual harassment against some of the stores employees. So, maybe while the factories aren't horrible in the grand scheme of things compared to one in Guangzhou, the company has had issues with a hostile work environment in its actual stores.

    You can't really go after this woman over something like child labour as no-one would probably be able to pass the test of not supporting child labour or a hostile work environment in some way if we're basing this just on consumerism.

    So, I am with NashvilleDiva on this at least somewhat. I've owned Nikes and I've shopped at the Disney Store.
    I think everyone laughing/jest is pretty normal - had she worn a ridiculous sweater, we probably would've laughed too; that's just how things roll.
    anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
    -- oscar wilde.

  10. #25
    \(^.^)/ Jennifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    28,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Jennifer On Twitter Add Jennifer on Facebook
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Embarrassed guest with fake Jimmy Choo.

    Back to topic: please no arguments

    Quote Originally Posted by Arianne12 View Post
    I just needed to share this. My DH's friend came over a couple of nights ago with his girlfriend. I've known both of them for a long time but have not seen them for ages as they were living overseas. When she walked in, I noticed she was carrying a black Jimmy Choo, the Arianne I think. She proceeded to use the bathroom and as a Jimmy Choo lover, I went over to admire her bag that she had placed on the sofa and noticed that it was fake. Then DH wanted to show them the art prints he got which was in the guest room, which was where my Jimmy Choo was, on the floor. I knew she saw the bag. I mean, if I was carrying a Jimmy Choo and saw someone had one, I would have made a comment and say, "hey, I love that bag too.." especially since we're not even strangers. Instead, when we got back to the living room, she covered her bag with her coat and put it behind some of the kids' toys. I thought, oops she must have been embarrassed about her fake bag. How very awkward!

  11. #26
    Is Back BagDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Embarrassed guest with fake Jimmy Choo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin_ View Post
    Its quite simple.

    Plenty of mainsteam companies have questionable labour practises. Even if you take American Apparel with the benefits and such they have in place for its people who actually create the garments, Dov Charney has been accused of sexual harassment against some of the stores employees. So, maybe while the factories aren't horrible in the grand scheme, the company has had issues with a hostile work environment in its actual stores.

    You can't really go after this woman over something like child labour as no-one would probably be able to pass the test of not supporting child labour or a hostile work environment in some way if we're basing just on consumerism.

    Ok, I totally see your point on that. I just think that if ppl are educated, they would make different choices. I have totally stopped using certain health products because I've been educated on their negative properties (a little off topic I know),

    Sorry Jennifer
    FALL IS HERE

  12. #27
    vodka queen Caitlin_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,071
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Embarrassed guest with fake Jimmy Choo.

    Quote Originally Posted by BagDiva View Post
    Ok, I totally see your point on that. I just think that if ppl are educated, they would make different choices. I have totally stopped using certain health products because I've been educated on their negative properties (a little off topic I know),

    Sorry Jennifer
    I'd agree!
    And I definately don't mean this to be an attack on anyone, I just don't think the average Joe could really hold the labour thing against the chick with JC.

    Fakes have more issues than just that, so...
    anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
    -- oscar wilde.

  13. #28
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Embarrassed guest with fake Jimmy Choo.

    I was just laughing at the lady that was dumb enough to walk into an LV store with a fake LV. I wasn't laughing at Arianne's guest. The way I see it, Arianne didn't do anything bad towards her guest. She didn't call her out on it or anything like that to try to deliberately embarrass her. Actually, this lady probably embarrassed herself. So Arianne, don't feel bad. You didn't do anything wrong. And if this lady was embarrassed, then maybe she'll think twice next time.

  14. #29
    Totally Purse Obsessed Arianne12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,233
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Embarrassed guest with fake Jimmy Choo.

    Quote Originally Posted by boysRsmelly View Post
    I was just laughing at the lady that was dumb enough to walk into an LV store with a fake LV. I wasn't laughing at Arianne's guest. The way I see it, Arianne didn't do anything bad towards her guest. She didn't call her out on it or anything like that to try to deliberately embarrass her. Actually, this lady probably embarrassed herself. So Arianne, don't feel bad. You didn't do anything wrong. And if this lady was embarrassed, then maybe she'll think twice next time.
    Thanks bRs. I just wanted to share it as something awkward that happened. I didn't mention it to her and never made any indication I knew. I was not laughing at her because I did feel badly. I didn't mean for everyone start arguing with each other.

  15. #30
    ♥ Moderator ♥ Zombiegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    RM Obsessed!
    Posts
    19,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Embarrassed guest with fake Jimmy Choo.

    Don't feel bad Arianne, you didn't do anything wrong.
    W I S H ♥ L I S T
    Loving my collection!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •