April 27th, 2009, 05:58 PM #1
THE TOP 10 LUXURY WATCHES OF ALL TIME.....
My ideas are as follows:- (In order of significance)
1) Rolex DateJust - especially 2 tone model 1601, 16013, 16233
The quintessential sports watch.... waterproof, rugged and reliable. Probably the world's most famous luxury watch.
2) Rolex Submariner – especially steel with date models – 1680, 16800, 16610
The worlds most famous sports watch. A legend …. Could easily be the worlds most wanted watch.
3) Omega Speedmaster Pro – Man on the moon model – cal 321, 861
The watch made famous by the moon landing….. history, style and a timeless piece.
4) Breitling Navitimer – especially Old Navitimer II
The most beautiful dials in the world come from Bretiling….. Large size before the large size watch trend. Absolute classic without being over the top.
5) Cartier Tank – especially the classic Louis Cartier Tank.
JFK had a Cartier tank…. So did his wife…..
CLASS…… CLASS …… CLASS
6) Audemars Piguet Royal Oak – especially in Steel
A modern classic from an old world firm….. Everything a good quality watch should be.
7) Patek Philippe Calatrava – especially in 18K Gold with leather strap.
Refined watch making at its very best…… discrete, conservative but very classy. The Rolls Royce of the industry.
8) JLC Reverso – especially with leather strap.
Originally a sports watch for polo players….. today a design classic.
Excellent heritage, excellent quality……
9) Lange 1
The Germans proved the SWISS did not own the patent to making a wonderful piece. Future classics. Just a most beautiful object to behold.
10) Tag Heur
No other company has brought luxury watch fans to the hobby…. What an excellent entry level luxury watch brand…. Although a lot of watch collectors shun Tag….. this is how a lot of people began collecting…..
April 27th, 2009, 06:03 PM #2
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)