User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 110
  1. #76
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Advice needed for gift for girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    .. so I'm wondering what she does with her old, last season purses :rolleyes:
    The birkin was an exception that she did to prove to her circle of friends that she wasn't poor. She knows its an expensive bag so it was just a 'show-off' thing to do that she could afford to do that more than anything else.

    Generally she gives them away to her younger sisters and other people who aren't as "season minded" or just shoves them in the back of her closet somewhere she doesn't see them.

  2. #77
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  3. #78
    I am now LVholicmum juicyholicmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Land down under
    Posts
    3,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  4. #79
    Karen linvline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    on one of the chair on earth
    Posts
    1,772
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Advice needed for gift for girlfriend

    argh.... if she ever throws any bag into the trash again, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    send it to me, i will pay for the freight!!

  5. #80
    Bag Admirer alohapineapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Advice needed for gift for girlfriend

    *cough* I'm currently single, also.



  6. #81
    I am now LVholicmum juicyholicmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Land down under
    Posts
    3,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Advice needed for gift for girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by linvline View Post
    argh.... if she ever throws any bag into the trash again, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    send it to me, i will pay for the freight!!
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaboi View Post
    The birkin was an exception that she did to prove to her circle of friends that she wasn't poor. She knows its an expensive bag so it was just a 'show-off' thing to do that she could afford to do that more than anything else.

    Generally she gives them away to her younger sisters and other people who aren't as "season minded" or just shoves them in the back of her closet somewhere she doesn't see them.
    the rubbish collector must have made heaps of money with that Brikin!

  7. #82
    I am now LVholicmum juicyholicmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Land down under
    Posts
    3,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Advice needed for gift for girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by alohapineapple View Post
    *cough* I'm currently single, also.


    his email is there... go on... send a photo!!! LOL

  8. #83
    Official Bagista gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Advice needed for gift for girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by THE-GUY View Post
    Ok...Ive had enough of this crap. Dude, Just dump her and get yourself a new GF. Ive lived in HK (kowloon) for a little bit and I know for sure that theres plenty of girls over there that arent as materialistic as your Gf.

    If you decide to stay with her...Then all I can do is wish you GOOD LUCK!! Because its never gonna be enough no matter what you do for her.

    YEAH! Go Guy! That's what I'm talking about!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #84
    Official Bagista gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Advice needed for gift for girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by Arianne12 View Post
    "lower rank woman"??

    All I can say is, you are killing me!! :roflmao: Excuse me while I go and spit on my speedys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #85
    Official Bagista gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Advice needed for gift for girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by alphaboi View Post
    hahhaa, no she's not an actress or singer or anything. She's an ordinary girl, who I admit is quite pretty. But because there are many rich HK and Mainland Chinese men here in China shopping for girlfriends, mistresses and wives, we have soooo much competition to get pretty girls so we have to please them otherwise they will drop us.

    We're about the same age--I'm mid-30's she just turned 30 and ok, you got me. I can afford to drop 5kg to get back to a 34" waist.
    OK. Not an acress, not a singer...but she's pretty. OK. I'm trying here. I really am.......... No. I can't. If you're willing to allow some chick to shamelessly USE and abuse you as she does, you two probably deserve each other. Does she work? Let her pay for her own bags. She doesn't work? Here's a thought: she can a job and pay for her bags and you can spend your money on yourself. The way you describe the man-woman situation over there it sounds like glorifed prostitution to me. Sorry, but it does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  11. #86
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Advice needed for gift for girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by linvline View Post
    argh.... if she ever throws any bag into the trash again, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    send it to me, i will pay for the freight!!
    I think its to prove a point to her friends by doing it in front of them....

    Like she told me the story of once her boyfriend bought her a cream Hermes (I think, don't quote me, I'm not good with these brands) and it was the low end model and she was so pissed off she ordered a bottle of red wine at the restaurant and poured it into the purse and left it at the table and dumped him because he didn't buy her the high end purse.

  12. #87
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Advice needed for gift for girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    OK. Not an acress, not a singer...but she's pretty. OK. I'm trying here. I really am.......... No. I can't. If you're willing to allow some chick to shamelessly USE and abuse you as she does, you two probably deserve each other. Does she work? Let her pay for her own bags. She doesn't work? Here's a thought: she can a job and pay for her bags and you can spend your money on yourself. The way you describe the man-woman situation over there it sounds like glorifed prostitution to me. Sorry, but it does.
    You realize that here in HK and China, when you break up with a woman after a long courtship (say over 3-4 years) you have to pay her a break up fee as compensation for her lost youth? Usually around 100K USD/year that you were with her.

    Its the culture here.

  13. #88
    The Asian Sensation
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Newport Coast, Ca.
    Posts
    1,942
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Advice needed for gift for girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by alphaboi View Post
    I think its to prove a point to her friends by doing it in front of them....

    Like she told me the story of once her boyfriend bought her a cream Hermes (I think, don't quote me, I'm not good with these brands) and it was the low end model and she was so pissed off she ordered a bottle of red wine at the restaurant and poured it into the purse and left it at the table and dumped him because he didn't buy her the high end purse.


    Yea...your Gf sounds like a real catch.

  14. #89
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Advice needed for gift for girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by THE-GUY View Post
    Yea...your Gf sounds like a real catch.
    She told me she got applause from the other women in the restaurant cause she made a scene and told him she was worth more than that!

    And honestly, given the culture here as the other posters have mentioned, I'm not surprised. Pretty women have their pick of men here--go to a bar (or come I'll take you) and men will tell you what they own and what kind of lifestyle they can give you.

    If you're a guy women will tell you what is the lifestyle they expect--if you cannot afford, do not play--you're too poor to run with the big dogs.

  15. #90
    Official Bagista gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Advice needed for gift for girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by alphaboi View Post
    I think its to prove a point to her friends by doing it in front of them....

    Like she told me the story of once her boyfriend bought her a cream Hermes (I think, don't quote me, I'm not good with these brands) and it was the low end model and she was so pissed off she ordered a bottle of red wine at the restaurant and poured it into the purse and left it at the table and dumped him because he didn't buy her the high end purse.
    OK. That's it. It's proven, ladies -- and Guy. This is a joke. A good one, too! There are people who lurk forums just for this purpose. They post crazy stuff or instigate a fight among members. They're called Trolls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •