User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
  1. #16
    Does someone need a hug? Laurenza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    711
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: My weekend full of knockoffs!!

    I completely feel your pain. I am sure there are only a few girls in my entire school that actually own the real deal. But ever other bag I see is fake. It's really sad because they're just awful fakes. I hate it when people are like, well I know it's fake. THEN WHY DO YOU OWN IT!!! :cursing: I am getting really sick of it. If you want quality then buy quality.
    The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.

  2. #17
    *The TBF Elite* Maeveyblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Perpetual Bliss...
    Posts
    3,512
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: My weekend full of knockoffs!!

    Quote Originally Posted by KANMP View Post
    I just don't get why if it is not worth it to spend the money on a real bag, why do people even care if they are carrying a fake one to look real? If it is not important enough to pay for a real one, you must not really care about how you come across to others, so just carry a 9 west or something! I don't get it.

    I have to be honest though, and tell me if you girls agree...I am sometimes embarrased when people ask if a bag is real and I say yes and they give me that-OMG you are so shallow and stupid for spending THAT much money on a purse! Especially now that I have spent over 3000.$ on one bag!!!!

    I was at a party one night and we were getting ready to leave and I had a coach bag. Someone picked it up and handed the bag to another girl thinking it was hers. So she says "um, no, that's not mine. I am not stupid enough to spend more than 20 dollars on a purse!" I wanted to die....that was even one of the inexpensive ones! I almost wanted to say it WAS fake! Do you girls ever feel embarrased about it?
    I'm never embarrassed. I spend my money on what I want, you spend it on what you want. And that girl was just jealous. It's the mirror effect. Don't let it bother you.
    Thinking of...
    Chanel Black Jumbo
    LV Artsy MM
    Holy Grail: Chanel 06 Bleu Fonce Jumbo


    In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
    ~Einstein~

  3. #18
    Coach Addict serendipity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    1,208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: My weekend full of knockoffs!!

    The first time that I read that buying fakes support terrorism it made my blood run cold. For myself personally, Knowing what has happened to our country and having a brother fight in this war for 4 tours now because of terrorism, I can't buy a fake. It does make me angry to see somebody carry one and boast about the fact that they know it's fake and don't really care. I would rather spend more money on something that is better quality and not going to fall apart on me after one use. I guess, I will never understand why some people just don't care that they own fakes that support terrorism, sweatshops and child labor.I will never understand this whole fake business and peoples fascination with buying them.

    Done...I think...Until I find something that catches my eye

  4. #19
    Fashionista lrc123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Arkansas aka the natural state.
    Posts
    641
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: My weekend full of knockoffs!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
    OMG I feel your pain Jess! We went to Nashville this weekend and went to a HUGE mall called Opry Mills. Right in the middle of the mall was a kiosk selling fake Chanel, Coach (not Goach), Louis Vuitton, and they even had Damier Ebony & Azur!! As we walked by I was in shock!! I said out loud, "How do they get away with that?!?". I've never seen such bold fakes in a mall before. Usually it is the "Goach" bags and knock-off looking, inspired bags but never such close FAKES!!

    On the plus side I see several girls carrying Authentic LV Speedies!! Nashville did finally get a LV a couple years ago!
    I have the same thing in my mall, and there's also a store that sells fake Gucci sunglasses, fake Chanel earrings and fake Versace bags, and they might sell other fakes, i've just seen this stuff in the window, i've never actually been in there. And when you carry or wear a fake, silly as this may sound, you don't have the OMG i'm carrying and/or wearing a Louis Vuitton Speedy, Chanel flats, Tiffany bracelet or something else feeling. I'd be embarrassed to wear or carry a fake, especially knowing they're eagle eyed people like TBF'ers who can spot fakes so easily.
    Us girls we are so magical, soft skin, red lips, so kissable.

  5. #20
    ♥ Moderator ♥ Zombiegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    RM Obsessed!
    Posts
    19,106
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: My weekend full of knockoffs!!

    Quote Originally Posted by lrc123 View Post
    I'd be embarrassed to wear or carry a fake, especially knowing they're eagle eyed people like TBF'ers who can spot fakes so easily.
    LOL!!
    We are around every corner...:ninja:
    W I S H ♥ L I S T
    Loving my collection!

  6. #21
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: My weekend full of knockoffs!!

    I'm so glad we have the same views! I dont see why people would pay SO much for something thats FAKE. any amount for something fake is way too much imo. I'd rather save and buy the REAL DEAL and feel good about it, haha!

  7. #22
    nicole iheartmjnicole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    From NY live in NC
    Posts
    873
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: My weekend full of knockoffs!!

    I do feel embarassed sometimes and then I think to myself, why?! This is what I love, this is my money that I work for and this is what I want to spend it on! I think people are jealous because they don't have the money to spend, or they wish that they had some fashion sense and they don't! Not trying to be mean... but really!!!

  8. #23
    Rising Bag Star GirlieGirl86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Well im from Texas but Im living in Iowa for now. Hopefully we get to go home in December.
    Posts
    223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: My weekend full of knockoffs!!

    Wow Jess, I'd be mad too. Like your cousins situation, my cousin was carrying around two fake coach bags. One she bought in Mexico, which is less then 10 mins. from the town she lives in and the other one idk where she bought it but she uses it as a diaper bag. It makes me uncomfortable when she's carrying her bags cause i buy the real thing. i dont why they have to buy fake bags

    A few months ago, when i went back to texas, i was in iowa, i found my mom carrying a fake coach bag. I told her that she needs to save herself the embarrassment of carrying around a fake and i told her the story behind those fake bags, the sweatshops and supporting terrorism. I know i made her feel bad but i made it up to her by buying her a real coach bag lol. I hope she learned her lesson

    Oh and my sister-in-law wants to buy a dooney & bourke purse the zebra print but a fake one cuz she cant afford the real one. I mean come on! I told her to just save her $ and wait. So far so good. Im kinda stopping the purchases of fake bags lol All i need to do is an intervention with my cousin lol
    Balenciaga City, white

    Louis Vuitton Galliera

  9. #24
    Rising Bag Star xxrachxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    365
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: My weekend full of knockoffs!!

    Fakes really do offend me. I see a load of girls at my uni wearing the rip off Uggs.. I've been buying Uggs for 5 years now and Ive spent a lot on them and the fakes just look AWFUL! I know everyone has different values on things, but I just dont see the point in buying poor quality rip off goods.

  10. #25
    Vintage Lover lilstrlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: My weekend full of knockoffs!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JessLR View Post
    Yeah - I just don't get why people would want a designer bag...that is fake. Isn't buying a designer bag about the love of the designer, qualitly, and work put into it? Knockoffs are just made in sweat shops - that's not much to appreciate! LOL!
    It should be, but it seems it's not. People buy fake bags because they want other people to think they have the real thing. They want people to think they have the means to spend $800 on a bag, and they have money. It's a status thing. When they get caught with a fake bag, however, then they say "Well who cares, I wouldn't want to spend all the money when I can have it for so much cheaper." They act like they don't care, but really most people just want others to think they have the real thing, and think no one will say anything to them about it.
    Mrs. Lawson
    7-16-11

  11. #26
    ♥'s RM Jess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,434
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: My weekend full of knockoffs!!

    Quote Originally Posted by lilstrlett View Post
    It should be, but it seems it's not. People buy fake bags because they want other people to think they have the real thing. They want people to think they have the means to spend $800 on a bag, and they have money. It's a status thing. When they get caught with a fake bag, however, then they say "Well who cares, I wouldn't want to spend all the money when I can have it for so much cheaper." They act like they don't care, but really most people just want others to think they have the real thing, and think no one will say anything to them about it.
    True...and my cousin is all about "looking" like whatever...or to impress people. :rolleyes:

  12. #27
    Rising Bag Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: My weekend full of knockoffs!!

    i also hate hate hate when people accuse you of having fakes.
    iam still in highschool so most kids my age carry around the wanna be designer look alikes from places like vanity or wet seal.
    that and the majority of people that live here are a little hickish and couldent tell a fake from a real if it slapped them in the face

  13. #28
    Official Bagista gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: My weekend full of knockoffs!!

    Quote Originally Posted by lilstrlett View Post
    It should be, but it seems it's not. People buy fake bags because they want other people to think they have the real thing. They want people to think they have the means to spend $800 on a bag, and they have money. It's a status thing. When they get caught with a fake bag, however, then they say "Well who cares, I wouldn't want to spend all the money when I can have it for so much cheaper." They act like they don't care, but really most people just want others to think they have the real thing, and think no one will say anything to them about it.

    I agree with you, lilstrett, and prefer the tone of your post, as it's not so judgmental. I read all the posts at once, so I was a bit struck by something. I mean no offense, but I can't help to find it ironic that people who care so much about designer clothes, shoes, handbags, sunglasses, etc., that they are willing to pay thousands of dollars for a bag, don't get why people who can't afford it choose to get cheap fakes. If you judge people by the bag they carry, why are you surprised when they judge you for the bag you carry? What is so shocking about them getting fakes as an attempt to get the next best thing and fit in with those who can afford better? We cannot impose our ways on others, just as they can't impose their ways on us. You get upset when someone questions your motive for buying such outrageously expensive bags, yet you turn around and question their motives for not doing the same. You think they're wrong; they think you're wrong. Who has a greater right to be right? No one. I've never owned a fake bag, and I report sellers of fake bags whenever I run into them, but I just don't see the need to put other people down for buying cheap imitations, especially if you don't want others to put you down for spending so much on a bag. Just an observation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  14. #29
    Ilovebags violaceous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: My weekend full of knockoffs!!

    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    If you judge people by the bag they carry, why are you surprised when they judge you for the bag you carry?
    Good post.
    I don't agree with putting someone down for not being able to afford something. And I don't think people should feel embarassed by what they've spent on bags, because other people don't agree with it. I understand why people are so upset by fakes, and I agree that everything they stand for sucks. I don't have any, and wouldn't. And I might giggle to myself if I see a fake bag, but I don't think it's right to run up to someone and ask why they have a fake, because I don't know why they're carrying it. I don't mean to offend anyone.

  15. #30
    Official Bagista gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: My weekend full of knockoffs!!

    ^ yeah, that's more or less what I was trying to say--thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •