User Tag List

  1. #466
    Epi Enthusiast speedydelivery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pics of you wearing/carrying your bag(s)!!

    Thank you guys Dh always mocks me and says, you're going to be the most dressed up person, whenever we're going somewhere. I like dressing up since I've been a little girl. I have memories of myself standing in front of my bedroom closet and picking out dresses and my mom and I disagreeing bec. it was too cold to wear a dress, so she would have me put pants on under it!

    ssdd I'm so jealous of your fun bags and shoes! Those look like tons of fun to wear, the graffiti speedy and NF roses, love them both. I can't wait to run into someone wearing one so I can check it out. Do you see people gawking haha! I love the pedicure too!

    Do you guys have a signature piece that you always wear no matter what you are wearing when you go out? I used to want to have some type of signature item. I wear LV bags but I wanted something more specific to my outfit so I found something finally that suits me. You know how Miranda from the book The Devil Wears Prada always wore an Hermes white scarf? That type of thing, you always somehow incorporate this piece into your ensemble. For me it's pearls, I either wear pearl studs I got when I was 16yrs. old, a short pearl necklace that I got in from my beloved grandmother, or a pearl double strand bracelet that I got from dh in our first year of marriage. I don't wear all 3 at once though ever, overkill, but I wear one or two every day. Please share what you guys do, I'd love to hear.

  2. #467
    intowants ssdd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pics of you wearing/carrying your bag(s)!!

    Quote Originally Posted by speedydelivery View Post
    Thank you guys Dh always mocks me and says, you're going to be the most dressed up person, whenever we're going somewhere. I like dressing up since I've been a little girl. I have memories of myself standing in front of my bedroom closet and picking out dresses and my mom and I disagreeing bec. it was too cold to wear a dress, so she would have me put pants on under it!

    ssdd I'm so jealous of your fun bags and shoes! Those look like tons of fun to wear, the graffiti speedy and NF roses, love them both. I can't wait to run into someone wearing one so I can check it out. Do you see people gawking haha! I love the pedicure too!

    Do you guys have a signature piece that you always wear no matter what you are wearing when you go out? I used to want to have some type of signature item. I wear LV bags but I wanted something more specific to my outfit so I found something finally that suits me. You know how Miranda from the book The Devil Wears Prada always wore an Hermes white scarf? That type of thing, you always somehow incorporate this piece into your ensemble. For me it's pearls, I either wear pearl studs I got when I was 16yrs. old, a short pearl necklace that I got in from my beloved grandmother, or a pearl double strand bracelet that I got from dh in our first year of marriage. I don't wear all 3 at once though ever, overkill, but I wear one or two every day. Please share what you guys do, I'd love to hear.
    oh speedyd- you are too cute, I have tons of name brand stuff but sadly I don't go ever go anywhere, lol. My day is spent mostly driving my kids to school in the morning and to their afterschool activities..

    My signature pieces used to be my Dior and Gucci heels, I used to live in those things.. but that was before I gained so much weight.. now they hardly ever see the light of day my new signature pieces are my inclusion bracelets and sometimes the bandeaus I wear around my hair.. specially when my hair color is in need of a touch up, lol. those things can hide a multitude of hair sins by the way the pedicure I did myself.. too self conscious to go to the salon, at least until I lose a few pounds

    kind regards~
    Last edited by ssdd; February 18th, 2009 at 02:12 PM.

  3. #468
    The Bag Star BexlovesBagz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    second city
    Posts
    886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pics of you wearing/carrying your bag(s)!!

    ssdd=== you look great even though you mentioned you gained weight --
    You have great style and great bagz !!!
    I am technically a plus sized gal and believe I look and feel great !!! :)

  4. #469
    Official Bagista frbspa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Land of Myths
    Posts
    1,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pics of you wearing/carrying your bag(s)!!

    Quote Originally Posted by speedydelivery View Post
    Thank you guys Dh always mocks me and says, you're going to be the most dressed up person, whenever we're going somewhere. I like dressing up since I've been a little girl. I have memories of myself standing in front of my bedroom closet and picking out dresses and my mom and I disagreeing bec. it was too cold to wear a dress, so she would have me put pants on under it!

    ssdd I'm so jealous of your fun bags and shoes! Those look like tons of fun to wear, the graffiti speedy and NF roses, love them both. I can't wait to run into someone wearing one so I can check it out. Do you see people gawking haha! I love the pedicure too!

    Do you guys have a signature piece that you always wear no matter what you are wearing when you go out? I used to want to have some type of signature item. I wear LV bags but I wanted something more specific to my outfit so I found something finally that suits me. You know how Miranda from the book The Devil Wears Prada always wore an Hermes white scarf? That type of thing, you always somehow incorporate this piece into your ensemble. For me it's pearls, I either wear pearl studs I got when I was 16yrs. old, a short pearl necklace that I got in from my beloved grandmother, or a pearl double strand bracelet that I got from dh in our first year of marriage. I don't wear all 3 at once though ever, overkill, but I wear one or two every day. Please share what you guys do, I'd love to hear.
    I don't have a signature item but have been wearing the same perfume for the past 14 years I only realised people associate it with me when several of my medical assistants said that when they smell CK Eternity they know it's me
    I was kinda worried it was too full on( have I been spraying too much?) Luckily they said it was pretty subtle and they do like the smell*relief*
    CURRENT LUST LIST:

    iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Mulberry Bayswater in Black(Nov 09')
    Anya Hindmarch Carker in Black

  5. #470
    Epi Enthusiast speedydelivery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pics of you wearing/carrying your bag(s)!!

    ssdd I echo Bex, you have a great style, you ooze fashion sense! I think you look beautiful and I would def. break my neck to stare at what you were wearing, lol! The dior and gucci heals sound so nice, go out and wear them again even just to do errands. I don't go anywhere either, not even to carpool, lol. I've been a shut in since ummm lemme count the days...I think it was Sun. yes Sun. I went to my parents with dh and took the kids for haircuts and new shoes. So today is Thur. and I have not left in that many days! I am forcing myself to go out today to the cleaners and food shopping. I have hermit tendencies and just get others to do my errands, lol or have the groceries delivered. But if I keep this up I'm going to end up with agoraphobia so I'm forcing myself to go out and since I like getting dressed and wearing my bags that's what's motivating me. That and I feel guilty for depriving my lil guys of some fresh air and seeing other people than just mommy, lol.

    Bex you also have beautiful style and a radiance, you glow with positive energy, it comes across in your posts and in your pictures. What a blessing to have that upbeat aura. I don't know you irl but I just get that sense, I envy it, I have to fake the whole happy look lol, even though I'm content w/ what I have, I'm not so smiley and upbeat, it takes tons of energy for me.

    frbspa, a signature scent is key! I forgot about that. I was obsessed w/ finding my signature scent for a while and then I would find a scent I liked, wear it for a year and then one day I would hate it and would be like why do I wear this. I got tired of the search and gave up. The last scent that I remember finding in a magazine that I liked was YSL Cinema, but I never ended up getting it out of sheer laziness. My mom's signature scent is Shalimar, it's so lovely, she's lucky she got that one, I'd want it but it's my mom's, you can't have the same scent as your mom, lol.

  6. #471
    The Bag Star M_Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pics of you wearing/carrying your bag(s)!!

    I have a silver and diamonds necklace that I wear a lot mostly with blacks, blue and gray. It has not become my signature piece yet but it is in the process. LOL. I envision to find one day that piece of jewelry that is THE one. So far these two are doing a good job.





    I also wear my LV a la folie necklace with my tans, browns and khakies. I am matchie matchie but not too bad.



    Speedydelivery I saw your outfit and thought of the combos that I put together. I love it... Well done!!!

  7. #472
    The Bag Star BexlovesBagz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    second city
    Posts
    886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pics of you wearing/carrying your bag(s)!!

    Thanks for the complement Speedy --- I did that "I feel sorry for myself " crap in my twenties. I never was thin enough and pretty enough etc. My self esteem really went in the toilet when my competitive skating career was over at 22 years old. I then began participating in self destructing activities such as over excercising and under eating . That didn't last too long as it really got to my health and well being. In my mid twenties I was diagnosed with a medical issue and was told to take meds for it - those meds caused me to gain weight . AT that point I thought I was gonna die !!!! I began taking the meds and then I re-analyzed everything !! I was not going to feel sorry for myself anymore -- I was gonna be pro-active about things !!! I believe that if life gives you lemons -- you make lemonaid !!

  8. #473
    ♥'s RM Jess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,434
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pics of you wearing/carrying your bag(s)!!

    Quote Originally Posted by emilieLV View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ssdd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ssdd View Post
    ^^ thanks!

    here's a pic from today wearing my Graffiti speedy and LV inclusion bracelets~



    these Dior slides are a match made in heaven with the graffiti speedy~
    Quote Originally Posted by speedydelivery View Post
    I took this last week when I got home from my eldest son's school, he's in K. On the 100th day of school they do all sorts of fun activities involving counting to a 100 lol, the parents come in to volunteer.


    OMG, all of your bags are gorgeous!!! They all look great on you!

  9. #474
    intowants ssdd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pics of you wearing/carrying your bag(s)!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BexlovesBagz View Post
    ssdd=== you look great even though you mentioned you gained weight --
    You have great style and great bagz !!!
    I am technically a plus sized gal and believe I look and feel great !!! :)
    thank you so much for the sweet comments, I need to accept the current size I'm in.. there lies part of the problem, lol.

    speedydelivery Re: Pics of you wearing/carrying your bag(s)!!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ssdd I echo Bex, you have a great style, you ooze fashion sense! I think you look beautiful and I would def. break my neck to stare at what you were wearing, lol! The dior and gucci heals sound so nice, go out and wear them again even just to do errands. I don't go anywhere either, not even to carpool, lol. I've been a shut in since ummm lemme count the days...I think it was Sun. yes Sun. I went to my parents with dh and took the kids for haircuts and new shoes. So today is Thur. and I have not left in that many days! I am forcing myself to go out today to the cleaners and food shopping. I have hermit tendencies and just get others to do my errands, lol or have the groceries delivered. But if I keep this up I'm going to end up with agoraphobia so I'm forcing myself to go out and since I like getting dressed and wearing my bags that's what's motivating me. That and I feel guilty for depriving my lil guys of some fresh air and seeing other people than just mommy, lol.
    thank you so much for your kind words, I appreciate your candor I've been a stay at home for the past twenty years.. half my life, lol. somedays I can't see the forest from the trees.. sigh.

  10. #475
    intowants ssdd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pics of you wearing/carrying your bag(s)!!

    here is my bag du jour~


  11. #476
    The Bag Star M_Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pics of you wearing/carrying your bag(s)!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ssdd View Post
    here is my bag du jour~

    Is that baby Plum?

  12. #477
    intowants ssdd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pics of you wearing/carrying your bag(s)!!

    Quote Originally Posted by M_Butterfly View Post
    Is that baby Plum?
    yes it's the Suhali Le Fab in plum, my holy grail bag

  13. #478
    Epi Enthusiast speedydelivery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pics of you wearing/carrying your bag(s)!!

    Thank you JessLR!

    Agh! I love the pic ssdd! You look amazing! I love the whole ensemble *catcalls* that bag oh dear, I'd be a purse snatcher if I saw you! And the top looks gorgeous, skinny pants really compliment it well too. I spot inclusions!

    M Butterfly those necklaces are gorgeous! That diamond one is especially really cool, so modern and edgy and yet delicate and feminine. Those are great signature pieces. I really hope to get a super long strand of pearls that I could throw it over my neck twice so it looks like a double strand or keep it long and make a knot in it. I know I could get a fake of it and wear faux pearls, but I prefer real pearls and will just wait. Maybe for my 10th anniversary which is in a year and a half.

  14. #479
    Epi Enthusiast speedydelivery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pics of you wearing/carrying your bag(s)!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BexlovesBagz View Post
    Thanks for the complement Speedy --- I did that "I feel sorry for myself " crap in my twenties. I never was thin enough and pretty enough etc. My self esteem really went in the toilet when my competitive skating career was over at 22 years old. I then began participating in self destructing activities such as over excercising and under eating . That didn't last too long as it really got to my health and well being. In my mid twenties I was diagnosed with a medical issue and was told to take meds for it - those meds caused me to gain weight . AT that point I thought I was gonna die !!!! I began taking the meds and then I re-analyzed everything !! I was not going to feel sorry for myself anymore -- I was gonna be pro-active about things !!! I believe that if life gives you lemons -- you make lemonaid !!

    I feel terrible I missed this post and am just reading it now. That is so amazing that you were a competitive skater wow! I'm sorry about all the hurdles you went through with your health, that's awful to endure but it's obvious you have amazing coping skills. I'm with you on the lemonade thing! I really try that approach in life too.

  15. #480
    intowants ssdd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pics of you wearing/carrying your bag(s)!!

    Quote Originally Posted by speedydelivery View Post
    Thank you JessLR!

    Agh! I love the pic ssdd! You look amazing! I love the whole ensemble *catcalls* that bag oh dear, I'd be a purse snatcher if I saw you! And the top looks gorgeous, skinny pants really compliment it well too. I spot inclusions!
    lol, you crack me up!!

    funny story from today: I carry the little dog that I rescued with me every morning when I take the kiddos to school and today I had a grandpa ask me if my bag was for the doggy, lol... :erm: NOT, lol. girl I'm down to work out pants!! I'm trying to see how long I can hold off before I either crack and start running again or buy a new wardrobe..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •