User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Official Bagista frbspa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Land of Myths
    Posts
    1,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Blue or Blue, Which one???

    Hi everyone,
    Need your opinions and suggestions again peeps. As you can see from my siggy, I'm waiting for a Bal Day in Outremer (a gorgeous blue) which is supposed to be here in a few weeks. It's the blue on the left with the style of the right and regular hardware.



    But before I decided on the Bal, I was obssessed with this bag: Tods Softy Messenger in Periwinkle



    Rachel Bilson with one (hers is teal though)



    I looked everywhere for one but it seems that even in the outlets in the States and UK have sold out So I moved on and found the Bal, pre ordered it.
    Now it seems that one is now available, less than a months old and in excellent condition; from someone I know on a forum. The price is more than 50% less than the Bal.

    Now, I'm not sure what to do Wait for the Bal or buy the Tods??
    I've tried deciding on my own, I think it will help to have neutral opinions
    Thanks for your time and help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by frbspa; December 7th, 2009 at 01:12 PM.
    CURRENT LUST LIST:

    iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Mulberry Bayswater in Black(Nov 09')
    Anya Hindmarch Carker in Black

  2. #2
    \(^.^)/ Jennifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Jennifer On Twitter Add Jennifer on Facebook
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Blue or Blue, Which one???

    Well I think both bags are very gorgeous. The colors are so pretty.

    Personally though, my attention is drawn a little bit more to the GSH Balenciaga. So that one would get my vote.

    And just think, come 6 months from now you decide you want the Tod's still, you can sell the Balenciaga and get probably all your money back, and find the Tod's (hopefully!) at clearance 60%+ off price.

  3. #3
    Official Bagista frbspa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Land of Myths
    Posts
    1,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Blue or Blue, Which one???

    Thanks Jen for your thoughts. Unfortunately that Tods is from 2005/6, it's gone to the outlets already (there was a sale there at 60% off a few months before I fell in love with it) and even there it's sold out. It's now or never, or I can maybe hope some will come up on Ebay later but no way of knowing what condition it's going to be in and if the price would be better than what this lady is offering.
    I definitely know it's cheaper than the completed listings in Ebay for the past 90 days
    In a way, the Bal maybe the one still available in a couple of months as it's new season or is that wishful thinking?

    PS I pre ordered the Day in RH, not GSH. Didn't clarify that, sorry!
    CURRENT LUST LIST:

    iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Mulberry Bayswater in Black(Nov 09')
    Anya Hindmarch Carker in Black

  4. #4
    ♥ Moderator ♥ Zombiegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    RM Obsessed!
    Posts
    19,106
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Blue or Blue, Which one???

    The Balenciaga Day gets my vote! I like GSH but I don't care much for it in the Day style...the tassels really set the Day off!!

    Balenciaga is my favorite bag designer and the Day is my favorite style to carry!!

    Good luck in your decision!!
    W I S H ♥ L I S T
    Loving my collection!

  5. #5
    *The TBF Elite* FedUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Blue or Blue, Which one???

    I absolutely love the blue color of the Bal you picked (left one). I like the Bal style to the left - Day?

    The Tods' looks gorgeous, soft and smooshy, but between the two, i would still pick the Bal.

    good Luck. please post modeling pics once you get your bag!!!
    "You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have."

  6. #6
    Rising Bag Star chickie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Blue or Blue, Which one???

    i too am partial to the Bal. that blue is just... WOW!

    also i am really not one for ruching or ruffles or any of that, so to me, the Tod's looks puffy and more trendy.
    hmmmm... maybe something RED next

  7. #7
    Vintage Lover lilstrlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Blue or Blue, Which one???

    Tod's and Balenciaga don't even compare! I LOVE GH on a Bal, but the RH is awesome, and that blue is AMAZING!

    You can always get the Tod's bag, but Bal's in the color/style/hardware you want aren't always around.
    Mrs. Lawson
    7-16-11

  8. #8
    Official Bagista iloveshopping's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Blue or Blue, Which one???

    Is there any way you could buy both right now, and decide after you have both the bags. That way the other one wont get away, and you wont regret not getting it later. I mean, I also love the Balenciaga and that would be my choice, but it seems like from your posts you really want the other one. So maybe you could get both right now, and then either sell the Tod's or send back the Balenciaga (or sell it). Then maybe when you actually have them in your hands, it might make it an easier decision. I am sorry it probably doesn't help to say get both.
    Or also, maybe that color of the Balenciaga will be gone later, but they always come out with the most gorgeous colors. Either way, they are both beautiful bags and Congrats! I can't wait to see the pictures of what you choose!

  9. #9
    Official Bagista frbspa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Land of Myths
    Posts
    1,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Blue or Blue, Which one???

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
    The Balenciaga Day gets my vote! I like GSH but I don't care much for it in the Day style...the tassels really set the Day off!!
    Balenciaga is my favorite bag designer and the Day is my favorite style to carry!!
    Good luck in your decision!!
    ZG~ I'm not a fan of the GH on the Day too which is why I went for the RH

    Quote Originally Posted by FedUp View Post
    I absolutely love the blue color of the Bal you picked (left one). I like the Bal style to the left - Day?
    The Tods' looks gorgeous, soft and smooshy, but between the two, i would still pick the Bal.
    good Luck. please post modeling pics once you get your bag!!!
    FU~ The blue is similar to Electric Blue from 2008 except that it has a more purple undertones. I agree it's beautiful

    Quote Originally Posted by chickie View Post
    i too am partial to the Bal. that blue is just... WOW!
    also i am really not one for ruching or ruffles or any of that, so to me, the Tod's looks puffy and more trendy.
    chickie~ Isn't the blue gorgeous??

    Quote Originally Posted by lilstrlett View Post
    Tod's and Balenciaga don't even compare! I LOVE GH on a Bal, but the RH is awesome, and that blue is AMAZING!
    You can always get the Tod's bag, but Bal's in the color/style/hardware you want aren't always around.
    lils~ Unfortunately the Tods is no longer available, it's from 2005/6, even at outlets, which is usually the last stop for bags. It is possible they may remake it but no guarantees. Since I want RH Day, I think that combination will most likely be available for the next couple of years as it has been available every season since 2004 but as you say, the color may not be. This is why I'm so torn as each bag has its pros and cons.

    Quote Originally Posted by iloveshopping View Post
    Is there any way you could buy both right now, and decide after you have both the bags. That way the other one wont get away, and you wont regret not getting it later. I mean, I also love the Balenciaga and that would be my choice, but it seems like from your posts you really want the other one. So maybe you could get both right now, and then either sell the Tod's or send back the Balenciaga (or sell it). Then maybe when you actually have them in your hands, it might make it an easier decision. I am sorry it probably doesn't help to say get both.
    Or also, maybe that color of the Balenciaga will be gone later, but they always come out with the most gorgeous colors. Either way, they are both beautiful bags and Congrats! I can't wait to see the pictures of what you choose!
    iloveshopping~ Wish I could But I think DH would not be too happy especially since I'm looking for a grey bag too. I'm leaving my current town for home soon so if I'm thinking of selling it, Tods has a bigger resale value (which is not much, I'd be lucky to get half my cost back as people back home don't like pre loved bags) than Bal as Bal is virtually unknown to the masses back home. Mostly they know LV, Gucci, Burberry, Chanel etc...

    I actually have another possible solution but let me have a few more opinions before voicing it. Thanks everyone for your comments, really appreciate it!!
    Also attaching a pic that the seller sent me of the Tods bag, this is a more accurate color IRL than the pic above

    Attached Images Attached Images
    CURRENT LUST LIST:

    iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Mulberry Bayswater in Black(Nov 09')
    Anya Hindmarch Carker in Black

  10. #10
    Life Is Sweet but..
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Blue or Blue, Which one???

    My vote for the Tods..
    It looks so pretty in the modeling pics.

  11. #11
    The Bag Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    chicago, IL
    Posts
    939
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Blue or Blue, Which one???

    I say the Bal I think you can get more use out of it and use it for a longer time. As for Tod's bag will be out of style in a while and plus the Bal is just TO DIE FOR!!!!!

  12. #12
    Moderator/Blogger VivaLaJuicy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Blue or Blue, Which one???

    Although they're both gorgeous blue shoulder bags, my vote is def. for the Outremer Day! It's stunning and you can never go wrong with Balenciaga!

  13. #13
    I ♥ bags & shoes!!! sands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    594
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Blue or Blue, Which one???

    They're both awesome bags! I can see why you're having a hard time deciding. I'm going to say get the Tods based on the fact that it is no longer available and you're less likely to find it. You can always get the Balenciaga later and even if that color is no longer available, I'm sure you can find one that is equally as amazing.
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." ~ Audrey Hepburn

  14. #14
    Life Is Sweet but..
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Blue or Blue, Which one???

    Quote Originally Posted by sands View Post
    They're both awesome bags! I can see why you're having a hard time deciding. I'm going to say get the Tods based on the fact that it is no longer available and you're less likely to find it. You can always get the Balenciaga later and even if that color is no longer available, I'm sure you can find one that is equally as amazing.
    Yes, that's what I want to say

  15. #15
    Official Bagista frbspa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Land of Myths
    Posts
    1,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Blue or Blue, Which one???

    Thanks again everyone for your kind comments. May I ask the ladies who chose Bal, is it more due to the color or the design of the Day bag?
    It's a really important factor in making my decision.
    Thanks again!
    CURRENT LUST LIST:

    iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Mulberry Bayswater in Black(Nov 09')
    Anya Hindmarch Carker in Black

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •