User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: GUESS handbags

  1. #1
    Life Is Sweet but..
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question GUESS handbags

    Hi ladies..


    I've always searched about a huge & pretty bag, and this year actually I found DvF Stephanie Bag it's my dream bag but right now it's a littel expensive for me the price is 875$ (I'm trying to save money to get it later on)


    And now I want a big one but cheaper than the DvF so I found The Nala Tote by GUESS, it's very very cheap just 98$ but I love it, it's a big pretty bag as I want , but it is made of synthetic leather



    Anyway, I just wanna take your opinion about GUESS handbags?

    and your opinion especially about this bag!!


    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,742
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: GUESS handbags

    Guess handbags go great with raincoats!



    Seriously though, I'm not all that crazy about shiny and leopard print together. Does the bag come in solid colors? The bag is cheap, which can be a good thing or a bad thing. Just remember that you get what you pay for. Don't be surprised if the stitching starts coming undone or the material on the straps begins to crack. If you're not looking for something that will last a long time... especially if you think your feelings about the bag will change relatively quickly, then by all means get the cheap one. So I guess what I'm trying to say is it depends on the circumstances. My advice is to consider those things and then make your decision from there. And if you like the bag, then go ahead and get it. What matters is how you feel about the bag.

  3. #3
    Official Bagista frbspa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Land of Myths
    Posts
    1,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: GUESS handbags

    I've had a similar thread about this, I was saving for a bag that is on my wish list and I was really craving something new. Found this bag which I love everything about except for the fact that it was PVC.
    In the end I did buy it and did like carrying it for a while but after that I just didn't feel like carrying it anymore especially after I got the bag in my wish list. Long story short, the PVC bag has just been sold (at a loss) and I still love my wish list bag after 6 months...
    Not saying that this will be the same for you, but I can't help thinking that if I waited for just a while, I may have gotten my wish list bag faster.
    Specifically this bag, the leopard print is fine, in fact animal print is in this season. But IMO, coupled with the print is the fact that it is pleather and looks to be shiny, it can look really cheap (in a bad way)
    If your heart is set on a new bag now, you can find many choices at a cheaper price point and may be something you love more than this one.
    Again, this is just my opinion, if you like it and think you will love carrying it, go ahead
    Just don't forget to post modelling pics!
    CURRENT LUST LIST:

    iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Mulberry Bayswater in Black(Nov 09')
    Anya Hindmarch Carker in Black

  4. #4
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: GUESS handbags

    When I think of guess I think of the most trendies bags of the moment copied or TJMAXX and the 50+% off clearance section. There is nothing wrong with that, I'm just saying if you want a bag that will last in style more than a couple months, I would save for the DVF.

    I do like the leopard print tote you have pictured above, but for me there are 2 features that really bother me. First the strap looks too thin and flimsy, so no carrying your laptop in tote. And second is the Guess plaque. I would yank that off.

    Good luck on your decision.

  5. #5
    Life Is Sweet but..
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: GUESS handbags

    Quote Originally Posted by boysRsmelly View Post
    Guess handbags go great with raincoats!

    Come on

    Quote Originally Posted by boysRsmelly View Post
    Seriously though, I'm not all that crazy about shiny and leopard print together. Does the bag come in solid colors? The bag is cheap, which can be a good thing or a bad thing. Just remember that you get what you pay for. Don't be surprised if the stitching starts coming undone or the material on the straps begins to crack. If you're not looking for something that will last a long time... especially if you think your feelings about the bag will change relatively quickly, then by all means get the cheap one. So I guess what I'm trying to say is it depends on the circumstances. My advice is to consider those things and then make your decision from there. And if you like the bag, then go ahead and get it. What matters is how you feel about the bag.
    I think it comes in leopard print only {black & gold}.

    ITA the cheap bag is good and bad in the same time and I know the cheap thing ruins quickly that's the bad thing of the cheap stuff but because I dont have more choices I must buy cheap one until I get the DvF. I have to decide quickly but I'm dizzy

    Thanks for advising and helping bRs

    Quote Originally Posted by frbspa View Post
    I've had a similar thread about this, I was saving for a bag that is on my wish list and I was really craving something new. Found this bag which I love everything about except for the fact that it was PVC.
    In the end I did buy it and did like carrying it for a while but after that I just didn't feel like carrying it anymore especially after I got the bag in my wish list. Long story short, the PVC bag has just been sold (at a loss) and I still love my wish list bag after 6 months...
    Not saying that this will be the same for you, but I can't help thinking that if I waited for just a while, I may have gotten my wish list bag faster.
    I know that i will love my wish list bag more than this one but also I must buy a new bag and I can't buy my wish list bag right now, so that's necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by frbspa View Post
    Specifically this bag, the leopard print is fine, in fact animal print is in this season. But IMO, coupled with the print is the fact that it is pleather and looks to be shiny, it can look really cheap (in a bad way)
    If your heart is set on a new bag now, you can find many choices at a cheaper price point and may be something you love more than this one.
    Again, this is just my opinion, if you like it and think you will love carrying it, go ahead
    Just don't forget to post modelling pics!
    ummm may be you're true it can look cheap but I still like it and still can't decide
    If you have some information or pics about some cheap bags you can tell me

    Thanks a lot frbspa, your story really helps me but it also made me dizzy
    Anyway, thanks for advising and helping I'm gonna tell you soon about my decision.

    Quote Originally Posted by miajane View Post
    When I think of guess I think of the most trendies bags of the moment copied or TJMAXX and the 50+% off clearance section. There is nothing wrong with that, I'm just saying if you want a bag that will last in style more than a couple months, I would save for the DVF.
    Right now I'm saving to get DVF because it expensive for me but I have to get a new bag so I'm thinking to buy this one

    Quote Originally Posted by miajane View Post
    I do like the leopard print tote you have pictured above, but for me there are 2 features that really bother me. First the strap looks too thin and flimsy, so no carrying your laptop in tote. And second is the Guess plaque. I would yank that off.

    Good luck on your decision.
    I agree with you about the strap it's too thin. Moreover, I'm a College student so I must carry a lot of heavy things and that will be a problem for me, but I don't know sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it I can't decide

    Anyway, thanks for advising and helping miajane

  6. #6
    Life Is Sweet but..
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: GUESS handbags

    Well now the bag has two defects: the strap is thin and it may look cheap in a bad way.

    I don't know I still like it. It's difficult to decide

  7. #7
    The Bag Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    chicago, IL
    Posts
    939
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: GUESS handbags

    I say save up for the DVF!! The Stephanie is amazing I want one!

  8. #8
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,742
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: GUESS handbags

    Quote Originally Posted by Lo0 whisper 0ove View Post

    Come on
    Hahaha! Sorry, but you totally set yourself up for that one.

  9. #9
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: GUESS handbags

    Just want to let you know this bag is on ebags for $88.

  10. #10
    Life Is Sweet but..
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: GUESS handbags

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwilliams123456 View Post
    Just want to let you know this bag is on ebags for $88.
    Thanks for the warning sweety
    But I have not decided yet

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •