User Tag List

  1. #406
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Quote Originally Posted by gizzeroo View Post
    Not always. The bullseye is supposed to indicate that it came from an outlet, but the bullseye, too, is faked in a fake bag. Trust me, I've seen it. I think this bag is a fake. Sorry!
    True, everything can be faked... but the bag in question doesn't even have one. I think its just a scratch that kinda looked like one when the picture was all blurry. So why do you think that this bag is fake?

  2. #407
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Quote Originally Posted by juicyholicmum View Post
    hi girls, i like this bag and it looks good to me... but I'm doubting just a tiny bit, it's ending in 11 hours, let me know straitaway loveys thanks

    AUTHENTIC COACH HAMPTONS STRIPE MULTI-COLOUR TOTE BN - eBay Bags, Handbags, Accessories, Women, Fashion. (end time 18-Jun-08 22:21:53 AEST)
    Hmm... its hard to tell without better pics. This particular line was at the outlets though (and TJ Maxx).

  3. #408
    I am now LVholicmum juicyholicmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Land down under
    Posts
    3,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Quote Originally Posted by boysRsmelly View Post
    Hmm... its hard to tell without better pics. This particular line was at the outlets though (and TJ Maxx).
    cool then it must be authentic, cos it's not coming up in the DD as well.. and that's probably because it's an outlet product, but it looks good to me, what do you say go for it?

  4. #409
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Quote Originally Posted by juicyholicmum View Post
    cool then it must be authentic, cos it's not coming up in the DD as well.. and that's probably because it's an outlet product, but it looks good to me, what do you say go for it?
    I think you're right, the bag is probably okay. What all that about bank transfer as payment? Ugh... I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that myself.

  5. #410
    I am now LVholicmum juicyholicmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Land down under
    Posts
    3,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Quote Originally Posted by boysRsmelly View Post
    I think you're right, the bag is probably okay. What all that about bank transfer as payment? Ugh... I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that myself.
    most Aussie sellers prefer bank transfer cos you don't have to pay fees... I wouldn't be worried about that at all... it's the authenticity that I'm worried about... :)

    I think I'd go for it.

  6. #411
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Authentic vs fake: A history of the Coach creed and serial #'s.

    Hi, I'm new here, and would like to have a couple of numbers checked out. L2J 6332 and GOD or G0D 9211. Thanks so much! I'm trying to educate myself on being able to tell the fakes.

  7. #412
    Oa Chonhatai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    I have two coach handbags and the dust bag came with it are brown color with red trims. And I saw another style of coach dust bag in Ebay. It's a new coach dust bag? Real one?
    Are both real coach dust bag?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #413
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Hi
    As a quick introduction I am new to this forum (and joined because I am seriously impressed by the moderator's almost omniscient knowledge of Coach bags ) and am the proud owner of 3 Coach bags, of which at least 1 is authentic . The others I put to the venerable forum here...

    I would echo the question above about the dustbags. I have just purchased a black leather satchel Legacy from *bay (used a couple of times but as new) and it came in a chocolate brown dustbag with red trim/pull. I also would like to check the authenticity of the bag - the creed is written in gold, joined up, slanted lower case writing (except for beginning of sentences etc when it's upper case), not embossed. It says: 'This is a Coach bag. It was handcrafted from the finest materials. Its superior craftmanship and attention to detail reflect our commitment to enduring quality.' The serial number is EO769-11134. It is made in China. The toggle part of the front fastening has few scratches on it as well, is that to be expected from a few times use? Can anyone help to authenticate this (or not!)? I've tried to post pics but am unable to...

    The third bag is on its way to me in the post...I'll be in touch again when it's in my hands!

    Many thanks

  9. #414
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chonhatai View Post
    I have two coach handbags and the dust bag came with it are brown color with red trims. And I saw another style of coach dust bag in Ebay. It's a new coach dust bag? Real one?
    Are both real coach dust bag?
    There is both a cotton w/ read trim and satin w/taupe trim version.
    Last edited by boysRsmelly; June 23rd, 2008 at 06:06 PM.

  10. #415
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Quote Originally Posted by lovethearmcandy View Post
    Hi
    As a quick introduction I am new to this forum (and joined because I am seriously impressed by the moderator's almost omniscient knowledge of Coach bags ) and am the proud owner of 3 Coach bags, of which at least 1 is authentic . The others I put to the venerable forum here...

    I would echo the question above about the dustbags. I have just purchased a black leather satchel Legacy from *bay (used a couple of times but as new) and it came in a chocolate brown dustbag with red trim/pull. I also would like to check the authenticity of the bag - the creed is written in gold, joined up, slanted lower case writing (except for beginning of sentences etc when it's upper case), not embossed. It says: 'This is a Coach bag. It was handcrafted from the finest materials. Its superior craftmanship and attention to detail reflect our commitment to enduring quality.' The serial number is EO769-11134. It is made in China. The toggle part of the front fastening has few scratches on it as well, is that to be expected from a few times use? Can anyone help to authenticate this (or not!)? I've tried to post pics but am unable to...

    The third bag is on its way to me in the post...I'll be in touch again when it's in my hands!

    Many thanks
    The type of creed patch you are referring to can be found in the Legacy bags. The number you gave belongs to the Legacy Leather Shoulder Flap. As for the turnlock... yeah, they can get scratches on them.

  11. #416
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Quote Originally Posted by boysRsmelly View Post
    The type of creed patch you are referring to can be found in the Legacy bags. The number you gave belongs to the Legacy Leather Shoulder Flap. As for the turnlock... yeah, they can get scratches on them.
    Hi

    Thanks v much, I was getting scared that maybe it was fake (I had recently learned that Coach creeds are embossed and in capitals?). So am delighted to see that it probably isn't

    Here's another one I would appreciate comments on - there are photos this time

    eBay Express: NWT Coach Legacy Black Leather Satchel Handbag 11130 - Description

    (incidentally, the creed in my black Legacy satchel is virtually identical to this, except for the serial number, just to give you an idea...)
    Thank you!

  12. #417
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Authentic vs fake: A history of the Coach creed and serial #'s.

    Hello! I recently purchased a Coach bag from a thrift store for 99 cents. I wanted to see if anyone could give me some more information on it.

    It's a brown leather bag and the patch inside says it was made in NYC, with a serial number of 030-6106.

    Is there a way I can find out when this bag was made or what kind of bag it is?

    Thanks for any help!

  13. #418
    ♥ Moderator ♥ Zombiegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    RM Obsessed!
    Posts
    19,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Authentic vs fake: A history of the Coach creed and serial #'s.

    ^^ Can you post a pic of the bag?
    W I S H ♥ L I S T
    Loving my collection!

  14. #419
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    And another one to authenticate (the corner leather patches look rather large to me, but I'll leave it to you experts)!

    Coach Hamptons Signature Small Hobo Handbag Khaki on eBay, also, Women's Bags, Clothes, Shoes Accessories (end time 12-Jul-08 21:35:53 BST)

    Thank you!


  15. #420
    ♥ Moderator ♥ Zombiegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    RM Obsessed!
    Posts
    19,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    ^^ Not enough pics. I would stay away from this one.
    W I S H ♥ L I S T
    Loving my collection!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 9 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 9 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •