User Tag List

Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 63738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 884
  1. #826
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    thank you! once again. how did you become so knowledgeable by sight, I can only tell a fake if I touch or smell it. my daughter-in-law is very familiar with Chanel bags but I do not think there are as many fakes in that brand, but I have not looked. thank you, c. king

  2. #827
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Hi guys need help to authenticate this second hand coach purse that I got from a seller online. I'm not really sure if it's authentic or not but I'm keeping my fingers crossed now. Really hope some kind souls can help me see if it's authentic?

    Have checked a couple of things, the zips are all ykk, and the coach logo is not stamped on every hardware but only on the long sling strap.





    Can anyone also comment on the exterior? If it is authentic? Anything wrong with the prints or alignments?
    Thank you as this is my first coach handbag therefore I'm a little bit confused.
    Do let me know if you guys need any extra pics! Really appreciate your help!

  3. Thanks clodagh thanked for this post
    Likes clodagh liked this post
  4. #828
    Bag Admirer
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by shoplately View Post
    Hi guys need help to authenticate this second hand coach purse that I got from a seller online. I'm not really sure if it's authentic or not but I'm keeping my fingers crossed now. Really hope some kind souls can help me see if it's authentic?

    Have checked a couple of things, the zips are all ykk, and the coach logo is not stamped on every hardware but only on the long sling strap.





    Can anyone also comment on the exterior? If it is authentic? Anything wrong with the prints or alignments?
    Thank you as this is my first coach handbag therefore I'm a little bit confused.
    Do let me know if you guys need any extra pics! Really appreciate your help!
    You've already gotten your answer on another forum, but just in case someone else got stuck with exactly the same bag, it's fake. The outside fabric pattern isn't centered right, the stitches on the creed patch aren't right and the patch itself doesn't have the clean absolutely straight sides that it should have. And the whole "No-" part of the serial number is wrong.

  5. Thanks clodagh thanked for this post
    Likes clodagh liked this post
  6. #829
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Wondering if they are real or fakes

    Need help knowing if real or fake.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #830
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Wondering if they are real or fakes

    Quote Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
    Need help knowing if real or fake.
    The first one is definitely fake. The second (Poppy) one seems okay. I'm not familiar with the style, but I don't see any red flags in the pics you provided.

  8. #831
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Authentic Coach?

    Trying to find out if this is authentic. IMG_0411[1].jpgIMG_0412[1].jpg

    Serial #C06Q-10388

  9. #832
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Authentic Coach?

    Quote Originally Posted by dkcraven View Post
    Trying to find out if this is authentic. IMG_0411[1].jpgIMG_0412[1].jpg

    Serial #C06Q-10388
    It looks like it's supposed to be a Gallery Tote, but 10388 is for a patchwork style. I zoomed in on your pics and it looks like Coach is stamped on the buckles. That shouldn't be on there. What does the lining look like? And the creed patch?

  10. #833
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Authentic Coach?


  11. #834
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Authentic Coach?

    The creed patch looks weird to me. It's misshapen and it has huge stitches. The numbers are big in comparison as well. And the embossed outline doesn't look like straight lines either.

  12. #835
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Authentic Coach?

    Quote Originally Posted by boysRsmelly View Post
    The creed patch looks weird to me. It's misshapen and it has huge stitches. The numbers are big in comparison as well. And the embossed outline doesn't look like straight lines either.
    My thoughts were that it is not authentic, just wanted to get someone else's opinion. Sounds like you agree with me. Thank you for looking! :)

  13. #836
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Authentic Coach?

    Yep, that's what I'm thinking. Sorry it wasn't what you had hoped.

  14. #837
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    I've been looking at bags on ebay and I saw two which seemed to be authentic 9951's except that:

    1. they had a creed indicating 1994 manufacture but with the scars veins etc. language which I thought Coach stopped using in 1993 and one of them had made in united states at the bottom of the creed instead of in the body of the creed, I thought Coach stopped putting the country name in the bottom in bags made after 1993

    2. the grommets or whatever you call them on the straps had "broken" or indented backs instead of being perfect round circles

    Does this mean the bags are not authentic?

  15. #838
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I've been looking at bags on ebay and I saw two which seemed to be authentic 9951's except that:

    1. they had a creed indicating 1994 manufacture but with the scars veins etc. language which I thought Coach stopped using in 1993 and one of them had made in united states at the bottom of the creed instead of in the body of the creed, I thought Coach stopped putting the country name in the bottom in bags made after 1993

    2. the grommets or whatever you call them on the straps had "broken" or indented backs instead of being perfect round circles

    Does this mean the bags are not authentic?
    Not necessarily. They still use that wording on the new "classic" styles, which are remakes of the originals. I'm not sure when they stopped producing the Patricia's Legacy bags, but it simply sounds like a transition between the old and new. So old style receiving the traditional creed wording, but getting a newer style number (since that format began around 1994).
    I'm not sure about the made in the united states stamp below, but it did occur on some bags during the transition (around the time the NYC factory closed, so it was changed to simply United States or USA).

    Grommets... not sure what you mean there.

    Do you have the auction numbers so we can look at them?

  16. #839
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Here's one auction, the other one ended already I think.

    eBay item number:

    331170720338

    She responded to my questions by stating that the buckles have no stamp, the zippers are stamped ykk (which is what the two 9951's I already own have on them).

    what I call the grommets are the little metal things that serve as rims for the holes in the strap. I own four classic Coach bags including two 9951's (one of which is badly beaten up and I'm trying to replace it). On all of my legit bags, the little metal things are solid brass circles on both the top side of the strap and the bottom side of the strap.

    She says that on her bag, the little metal things are solid brass circles on the top side of the strap as per photos, but on the bottom side of the strap they are six sided stars.

    I will definitely bid on the bag if it's authentic, but if it's not, I'll wait for a better choice.

  17. #840
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Here's another one that has "funny" grommets (eight point stars), the other details check out okay according to private message from seller. He says he doesn't know anything about Coach bags, had no idea counterfeiting was such a problem, and would be interested to hear what you have to say!

    eBay item number:

    271448183627

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •