User Tag List

  1. #601
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by momokoseiya View Post
    As this is my first post on this forum I cannot post pictures. I bought this purse on Ebay. I got it today and it looks great. It's a smaller purse with a very small strap. It's like an arm purse instead of a shoulder bag. Most likely a top handle pouch I think they call it. You cant fit the strap up to the shoulder.

    The item number 260926451201. There is a bullseye on the upper right hand corner of the creed, but there is no serial number, which makes me question its authenticity.

    Thanks for taking a look! Also if anyone knows the item number of the purse let me know
    Do you have a close up pic of the patch? A lot of small leather goods (e.g. top handle pouches) do not have serial numbers. Usually they are completely missing the patch though. At least the ones I've seen. This doesn't necessarily mean this on is fake though since Coach can't seem to make up their mind about this since a lot of the newer pieces have patches with serial numbers.

  2. #602
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach bag can someone authenticate

    Quote Originally Posted by whoami View Post
    Hi to everyone this is my first post,i want to buy a coach bag as a gift,i've spotted one on Ebay and the item number is 250973363324 it is a COACH MADISON SOPHIA GATHERED LEATHER.
    I live in the Uk and have priced the bag at the Coach store in London but it would still be cheaper even with shipping and duty charges to get this,the cost at the coach store here is over 500 (around $700) which i could'nt believe as it's only $498 on the Coach website but they don't ship to the UK.
    Can anyone help me by checking the bag for authenticity or point me in the right direction where i could get one.
    From what I can see, it looks like it is probably okay.

  3. #603
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Behavin View Post
    I have feelers out on this bag. The seller was nice enough (for a change!) to post actual photos that aren't stock. The color variation is likely due to flash on the patent leather. The price tag looks legit is attached properly. No plastic around the handles, the serial matches the bag....how did I do for my first try at deducing "fake or real?" :)

    NWT COACH POPPY LIQUID GLOSS PUSHLOCK 18675 CHERRY SATCHEL HANDBAG PURSE. HOT!! | eBay
    The pictures aren't very clear, but it looks like it is probably okay. Are they able to give you some clearer pics? I looked at their feedback and all their auctions are private. I don't like it when they do that.

  4. #604
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by innergesture View Post
    Hello! This is my first post here since I was looking to find out more on coach bags on how to spot a fake ones.. I saw this bag sold online and I was wondering if its fake or not. I am not really into coach bags so I am not really able to differentiate a fake and an authentic one. Help me please. thanks in advance :)

    These are the pics the seller posted.

    Attachment 22986

    Attachment 22987

    Attachment 22988

    Attachment 22989

    Attachment 22990

    Attachment 22991

    Attachment 22992

    Attachment 22993
    This isn't authentic. I wouldn't buy it. Here's why it isn't authentic:
    1. Bad alignment of the signature print
    2. Signature bags do not have signature lining
    3. Zipper pulls do not have Coach embossed on them
    4. Creed patch is wrong. The print/font is wrong and what is written is wrong. This is a signature bag, so it wouldn't say it is made of natural grain leather.
    5. No serial number
    6. The "leather" looks plastic
    7. Coach wouldn't be stamped on the grommet like that
    8. Coach hang tag is wrong

  5. #605
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Hi, I just bought a Coach purse from someone who said they bought it one of the Coach Outlet stores. I am trying to figure out if it is authentic. The Creed says it was made in the United States and the No. is 2890. Does Coach still make things in the US anymore?? Also at the end of the Creed it has 1941 Thanks in advance for your help! (First time posting on a forum as well so I hope I did it right!) :)

  6. #606
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by boysRsmelly View Post
    The pictures aren't very clear, but it looks like it is probably okay. Are they able to give you some clearer pics? I looked at their feedback and all their auctions are private. I don't like it when they do that.
    I can ask her. She was really nice about posting the non-stock photos when I asked her to. I don't like it when they mark auctions private either. Some say they do that because of the cost of the items involved, but I say phooey!

    Thank you!! :)

  7. #607
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Jen View Post
    Hi, I just bought a Coach purse from someone who said they bought it one of the Coach Outlet stores. I am trying to figure out if it is authentic. The Creed says it was made in the United States and the No. is 2890. Does Coach still make things in the US anymore?? Also at the end of the Creed it has 1941 Thanks in advance for your help! (First time posting on a forum as well so I hope I did it right!) :)
    I think I did see some outlet bags saying made in the US. They were leather ones. Is the 2890 the style number? I guess I'm confused by your post. I have never heard of that style. I tried searching it, came up with nothing. Where is the 1941? Below "Coach" or is it part of the serial number? 1941 is when Coach was established.

  8. #608
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Behavin View Post
    I can ask her. She was really nice about posting the non-stock photos when I asked her to. I don't like it when they mark auctions private either. Some say they do that because of the cost of the items involved, but I say phooey!

    Thank you!! :)
    Yeah, it's silly. Just makes people think you have something to hide, IMO.

  9. #609
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by boysRsmelly View Post
    I think I did see some outlet bags saying made in the US. They were leather ones. Is the 2890 the style number? I guess I'm confused by your post. I have never heard of that style. I tried searching it, came up with nothing. Where is the 1941? Below "Coach" or is it part of the serial number? 1941 is when Coach was established.
    Thanks for your help! This is what my Creed in the inside says...COACH THIS IS A COACH BAG. IT WAS HANDCRAFTED IN THE UNITED STATES OF COMPLETELY NATURAL GLOVE-TANNED COWHIDE. THE VARIATIONS IN THE GRAIN ARE CHARACTERISTIC OF NATURAL FULL GRAIN LEATHER. 1941

    No. 2890

  10. #610
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    From what you've said, that sounds really weird. "1941" wouldn't just appear after the creed like that. The serial number should have a letters/numbers, a dash, and then the style number. It doesn't sound authentic to me. Can you post pics?

  11. #611
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by boysRsmelly View Post
    From what you've said, that sounds really weird. "1941" wouldn't just appear after the creed like that. The serial number should have a letters/numbers, a dash, and then the style number. It doesn't sound authentic to me. Can you post pics?
    creed.jpgpurse.jpg

  12. #612
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Jen View Post
    A picture is worth a thousand words. Definitely a fake, no doubt about it.

  13. #613
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Grrr! That was my hunch. What are the give a ways that it is fake? The creed or the outside or the lining? I will be contacting the lady that sold it to me.Thank you so much for your help!

  14. #614
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Jen View Post
    Grrr! That was my hunch. What are the give a ways that it is fake? The creed or the outside or the lining? I will be contacting the lady that sold it to me.Thank you so much for your help!
    When you were reading the creed, I was suspicious since the serial number was weird. But then I thought maybe I was misunderstanding your post. When you posted pics though, it is obvious. I'm not sure if that style even exists, I have never seen it. It wouldn't have a signature lining of any kind though. Only all leather bags have signature linings (not all all leather bags, but they can have it). The creed is also wrong for this type of bag, if it did exist. It has the wording for an all leather bag, one of the classic ones. Fabric/other material bags have different wording saying they are made of the finest "materials". They will sometimes say "trimmed" in leather. The serial number is then wrong too. If this style existed, it would have the modern format for serial numbers. That's the numbers/letters, dash, style number format. Hopefully that helps you make your case.

  15. #615
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by boysRsmelly View Post
    When you were reading the creed, I was suspicious since the serial number was weird. But then I thought maybe I was misunderstanding your post. When you posted pics though, it is obvious. I'm not sure if that style even exists, I have never seen it. It wouldn't have a signature lining of any kind though. Only all leather bags have signature linings (not all all leather bags, but they can have it). The creed is also wrong for this type of bag, if it did exist. It has the wording for an all leather bag, one of the classic ones. Fabric/other material bags have different wording saying they are made of the finest "materials". They will sometimes say "trimmed" in leather. The serial number is then wrong too. If this style existed, it would have the modern format for serial numbers. That's the numbers/letters, dash, style number format. Hopefully that helps you make your case.
    Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 9 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 9 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •