User Tag List

  1. #511
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by lululemonlover View Post
    Me either. Do you the purse is authentic? I'm assuming it's vintage since it was made in NYC (or so the tag says)
    I'm not terribly good with vintage stuff. That being said, I think it looks okay. I compared it to some other Made in New York City bags and everything appears consistent.

  2. #512
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Is this Coach AUTHENTIC???

    Quote Originally Posted by this-n-thatseller View Post
    I'm fairly new to purchasing Coach's and I am in need of some assistance in authenticating this particular bag. I'm including some pics of it the in question purse. I have read that the "C's" on the material should not be cut off at the seams and they should be in a line form. Does this look like an authentic Coach bag? And is what I heard/read correct about the "C's" being in line and not being cut off at the seams?
    Please help me out understand the basics in identifying a 'REAL' Coach bag....
    Thank you in advance and hope to learn alot on this forum, Moya C.
    This looks authentic. I'm not sure what you mean by the C's not being cut off. They should be centered/aligned, but that doesn't mean C's won't land on a seam.

  3. #513
    <3's Vintage Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by boysRsmelly View Post
    I'm not terribly good with vintage stuff. That being said, I think it looks okay. I compared it to some other Made in New York City bags and everything appears consistent.
    Thanks for checking it out!

  4. #514
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    I'm pretty sure it's authentic. I have a similar old bag, pre creed, with a strange stamp on it too. Yours is clearer. But because there was no creed on mine, and I believe the metal Coach tag maybe fell off, I can't authenticate it. But generally bags marked "New York City" weren't faked. Depending on its dimensions yours looks like a Convertible Clutch maybe?

  5. #515
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Hi my Name is Matthew! Please Help!

    Hi My name is Matt and my girlfriend wants a Coach. She knows I can't afford a new one so I looked for one on Craigslist that is used and cheaper. I found one but I'm not sure if its authentic?! She only likes Authentic Coach Bags and shes gonna be mad if she finds out its a fake.

    Heres the information I have.

    The serial number is No A04K 5150

    I attached pictures too.

    Is it authentic or fake? Thanks so much!

    I uploaded 10 pictures the seller gave me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #516
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    I can't click on the pictures. They are pretty tiny, so it's hard to see.

  7. #517
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    ^^^ What post are you referring to?

  8. #518
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Hello everyone! Forgive me, as this will not be in the proper format to ask about authentification - I posted a few questions in the Kate Spade forum about a year ago, and now I can't find the post about how to go about asking about authentification.

    I've been looking at a few bags on ebay and would like your expert opinions! Authentic or not?

    Ebay item # 260815937245
    Ebay item # 180694844317
    Ebay item # 230644530353

    Thanks so much, I await your reply!

  9. #519
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Catharsis View Post
    Hello everyone! Forgive me, as this will not be in the proper format to ask about authentification - I posted a few questions in the Kate Spade forum about a year ago, and now I can't find the post about how to go about asking about authentification.

    I've been looking at a few bags on ebay and would like your expert opinions! Authentic or not?

    Ebay item # 260815937245
    Ebay item # 180694844317
    Ebay item # 230644530353

    Thanks so much, I await your reply!
    They all look fine to me.

  10. #520
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Thanks so much, boysRsmelly! I love the color, but I am also really taken with the colors on the website as well...

  11. #521
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    I like the color too. Very pretty!

  12. #522
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Can someone please help me look up what the model for this serial is supposed to look like? AO5U-8080. I was told it's a patchwork zoe, but I wasn't able to find any references on google. Thanks in advance! :)

  13. #523
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    All of the Patchwork Zoe's I have seen have a 5 digit number. They started using 5 digits after 2000 and I don't recall the Zoe being around for that long. Do you have pictures of the bag? That would help us tremendously.

  14. #524
    Bag Admirer pursegirl4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Are some people totally oblivious to what a fake Coach bag is? I mean, I know they are not ALWAYS obvious, but to me this one is soooo obviously fake! Or am I wrong? Is it real? LOL I actually contacted the seller and ask if they always sell fakes and they claim they didn't know it was fake because it was given to them. UM, right. What makes me sick is people have placed bids up to $50 or more so far on this pre-owned fake bag. Do some people actually get off to buying fakes or they are really that clueless? I've reported it by the way, but apparently Ebay hasn't done anything yet. I know the seller isn't claiming it's real, but is this still considered a violation? Here's the link:

    Coach Ergo Signature Pleated Large Hobo style 12228 | eBay

  15. #525
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coach Handbag: Please help authenticate purse! (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by pursegirl4u View Post
    Are some people totally oblivious to what a fake Coach bag is? I mean, I know they are not ALWAYS obvious, but to me this one is soooo obviously fake! Or am I wrong? Is it real? LOL I actually contacted the seller and ask if they always sell fakes and they claim they didn't know it was fake because it was given to them. UM, right. What makes me sick is people have placed bids up to $50 or more so far on this pre-owned fake bag. Do some people actually get off to buying fakes or they are really that clueless? I've reported it by the way, but apparently Ebay hasn't done anything yet. I know the seller isn't claiming it's real, but is this still considered a violation? Here's the link:

    Coach Ergo Signature Pleated Large Hobo style 12228 | eBay
    No, you're right. Totally fake.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 11 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 11 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •