User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Bag Admirer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The beautiful San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Chanel Authentication Advice - Help

    Hello fellow lovers of all things Chanel :-)

    Purchased my first ever Chanel bag today on a "luxury" online site. I've been saving for a long time and shopping for about a year before this one spoke to me. BUT now I'm worrying it might not be real after reading so many posts here. I didn't realize how naive I was about fakes.

    If someone could take a look and give their their expert opinion I would very much appreciate it. I still have time to cancel.

    Chanel Black Quilted Lambskin Flap Bag + Wallet | Portero Luxury

  2. #2
    Chanel Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Authentication Advice - Help

    Quote Originally Posted by thomsmom View Post
    Hello fellow lovers of all things Chanel :-)

    Purchased my first ever Chanel bag today on a "luxury" online site. I've been saving for a long time and shopping for about a year before this one spoke to me. BUT now I'm worrying it might not be real after reading so many posts here. I didn't realize how naive I was about fakes.



    If someone could take a look and give their their expert opinion I would very much appreciate it. I still have time to cancel.

    Chanel Black Quilted Lambskin Flap Bag + Wallet | Portero Luxury

    It is Authentic

  3. #3
    Bag Admirer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The beautiful San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Authentication Advice - Help

    Thanks for the response Fly Girl. Have you seen this bag before? Does anyone know what it might be called?

  4. #4
    Chanel Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Authentication Advice - Help

    Quote Originally Posted by thomsmom View Post
    Thanks for the response Fly Girl. Have you seen this bag before? Does anyone know what it might be called?
    a long long time ago that is almost 30 years old from the mid 80's it is just a flap sort of a take on the classic flap Karl was known for doing a little twist on the classic flaps back then

  5. #5
    Bag Admirer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The beautiful San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Authentication Advice - Help

    Ok Fly Girl. You are a girl "in the know". Wow. 30 years old? Amazing to think I was in high-school when this was made. Given the shape it's in, it didn't dawn on me that it would be that old.

    Do you have an opinion on whether you think it was a fair price for the purse and the wallet ($1500).

    I don't know if I'm excited or disappointed that the bag is so old.

    Thank you so much for the info. I'm still a little freaked out that I spent so much for a purse :-)

  6. #6
    Chanel Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Authentication Advice - Help

    well not quite 30 I sort of jumped the gun that bag was made in the very late 80's came out I believe in 88 -89 but I do remember that bag

  7. #7
    Chanel Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Authentication Advice - Help

    Quote Originally Posted by thomsmom View Post
    Ok Fly Girl. You are a girl "in the know". Wow. 30 years old? Amazing to think I was in high-school when this was made. Given the shape it's in, it didn't dawn on me that it would be that old.

    Do you have an opinion on whether you think it was a fair price for the purse and the wallet ($1500).

    I don't know if I'm excited or disappointed that the bag is so old.

    Thank you so much for the info. I'm still a little freaked out that I spent so much for a purse :-)
    It is very rare to get a bag and wallet both of that age not to mention with a card and having the sticker still, that is a very rare thing (the card is usually the first thing to get lost. That price for a vintage bag is amazing, back then the chain was made of Gold which now on the bags today are just plated (if you ever have to have the bag refurbished from Chanel DO NOT LET THEM REPLACE THE CHAIN) you have a very very nice vintage piece treasure it but remember it is an older bag and is lamb (Lamb you have to be a little careful with and if you have questions on care of Lambskin call a good leather repair shop) I have a classic flap from about that time that I had to have re dyed (the lamb skin will loose it's softness if you have to have that done) other then that it should hold up for a very long time.

  8. #8
    Bag Admirer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The beautiful San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Authentication Advice - Help

    Thank you so much FlyGal. I was excited that I got it, then worried that it might be fake, then thought maybe I paid too much. Now I feel savvy and excited about my find because of you. I'm going to sleep with a smile and can not wait until my baby arrives. She's my first and I feel so lucky to have found her.

    Thank you SO very much !! Have a great week.

  9. #9
    Chanel Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Authentication Advice - Help

    Quote Originally Posted by thomsmom View Post
    Thank you so much FlyGal. I was excited that I got it, then worried that it might be fake, then thought maybe I paid too much. Now I feel savvy and excited about my find because of you. I'm going to sleep with a smile and can not wait until my baby arrives. She's my first and I feel so lucky to have found her.

    Thank you SO very much !! Have a great week.

    Oh no you could have very easily paid double for that bag, that is a very highly sought bag specially with the matching wallet. The bag it's self in that condition would be that price and the wallet would be around 6-700 more if sold separate. You did very well for your first Chanel

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •