User Tag List

  1. #451
    Vintage Lover lilstrlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Me neither. Click on the tree icon on the quick reply area and either paste the link from a website or upload from your computer so we can see it :)
    Mrs. Lawson
    7-16-11

  2. #452
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default CHANEL OR KNOCK-OFF......PLEASE HELP!

    I recently found this great little bag at an exclusive estate sale. The owner was a world traveler who obviously shopped every designer boutique worldwide, as her closet could accommodate several large buses & was filled floor to ceiling. Many items had original store tags attached, and purses/shoes were tissue wrapped & in boxes. This handbag was in a large "Chanel" black box with several other handbags. I own several designer bags, but not a Chanel - and I'm not certain if this is "genuine". It does not have any interior serial numbers, but there are numbers on the magnetic snap closure (OK.0973628 & OKPTA1519426). The "C's" on the front flat overlap correctly top & bottom, the front quilting is symmetrical & there is no break in the pattern, the stitching is tight & even, the interior is suede lined, the silver hardware matches the silver imprint on the interior leather label, zipper has "CC" embossed on the metal tab, and the caviar leather is amazingly soft. Obviously a well made quality bag, but is it genuine Chanel????? Please keep in mind I'm NOT a photographer, but have attached a few photos.

    I'd appreciate any guidance - good news or bad.....

    THANKS!
    Pamala
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #453
    Rising Bag Star andra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Valencia... Spain
    Posts
    171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Hi girls!
    someone is offering me a 2.55? Chanel bag, in black, but it is not made of leather, but shiny canvas? The price is really tempting but I don't know if it could be a fake... here are the pics...what do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #454
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    ^^^ Chanel made fabric flap bags, but I am not familiar with "shiny canvas". Is this the only picture you have?

  5. #455
    Rising Bag Star andra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Valencia... Spain
    Posts
    171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Quote Originally Posted by boysRsmelly View Post
    ^^^ Chanel made fabric flap bags, but I am not familiar with "shiny canvas". Is this the only picture you have?
    Sorry, it is not canvas... but I don't know excatly the material it is made of, it is not leather... Here is another pic of it...
    I've been thinking and, finally, I'm not gonna buy it... I'm not sure if it is a real Chanel; if it is not, it's too expensive...but if it is, it's too cheap and I don't believe that someone could buy an authentic Chanel so cheap...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #456
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    I have a bag that used to belong to my mother. She may have bought it in France in the late 70s. I have no idea if its authentic, if it is I will probably try to sell it. I've been looking through this site and haven't found any bags that look like it.

    There is no label or hologram inside the bag, besides the "Made in France" metal tag. It has magnetic closures. There is an inside zipper pocket but the zipper does not say "Chanel".

    This site is not allowing me to post pictures since I am a new user.

  7. #457
    Vintage Lover lilstrlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    hey swampy - use Imageshack and you can upload all of your pictures at once there, and then once they're done it will post an album. Just send us the link to the album so we can take a look :)
    Mrs. Lawson
    7-16-11

  8. #458
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    I have the pictures in photobucket but I cant post links since I have fewer than 10 posts on here.

    You can try pasting this into a browser

    s820.photobucket.com/albums/zz125/swampy17/

  9. #459
    Vintage Lover lilstrlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Mrs. Lawson
    7-16-11

  10. #460
    Moderator/Blogger VivaLaJuicy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,816
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Quote Originally Posted by andra View Post
    Hi girls!
    someone is offering me a 2.55? Chanel bag, in black, but it is not made of leather, but shiny canvas? The price is really tempting but I don't know if it could be a fake... here are the pics...what do you think?

    Any chance you can post an up close picture of the C's. I'm also questioning the diamond stitching don't match up in some places and the grommets where the chained straps go through seem a little off. It could be because the bag is bulky-ish. Is it empty or filled in those pictures?

  11. #461
    Moderator/Blogger VivaLaJuicy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,816
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: CHANEL OR KNOCK-OFF......PLEASE HELP!

    Quote Originally Posted by pamala View Post
    I recently found this great little bag at an exclusive estate sale. The owner was a world traveler who obviously shopped every designer boutique worldwide, as her closet could accommodate several large buses & was filled floor to ceiling. Many items had original store tags attached, and purses/shoes were tissue wrapped & in boxes. This handbag was in a large "Chanel" black box with several other handbags. I own several designer bags, but not a Chanel - and I'm not certain if this is "genuine". It does not have any interior serial numbers, but there are numbers on the magnetic snap closure (OK.0973628 & OKPTA1519426). The "C's" on the front flat overlap correctly top & bottom, the front quilting is symmetrical & there is no break in the pattern, the stitching is tight & even, the interior is suede lined, the silver hardware matches the silver imprint on the interior leather label, zipper has "CC" embossed on the metal tab, and the caviar leather is amazingly soft. Obviously a well made quality bag, but is it genuine Chanel????? Please keep in mind I'm NOT a photographer, but have attached a few photos.

    I'd appreciate any guidance - good news or bad.....

    THANKS!
    Pamala

    This piece looks good to me. The stitching is deep and accurate and all the correct hardware labeling is present.

  12. #462
    Moderator/Blogger VivaLaJuicy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,816
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Swampy: Sorry, I'm no help as I'm not familiar with vintage Chanel pieces. I hope someone else on this forum can reach out to you.

  13. #463
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Chanel found at thrift store..

    Hi all. I found a Chanel bag at a thrift store for $5.00. I am assuming it is fake, but I picked it up on the off-chance that it's real. Most likely, it's not! I thought I'd ask though. This is my first post, so I'm not able to post pics, but here's the links to them:
    (the zipper is broken, btw)
    i55.tinypic.com/2hwl6r5.jpg
    i56.tinypic.com/4ftn4p.jpg

  14. #464
    Moderator and Blogger boysRsmelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Quote Originally Posted by TiffanySky View Post
    Hi all. I found a Chanel bag at a thrift store for $5.00. I am assuming it is fake, but I picked it up on the off-chance that it's real. Most likely, it's not! I thought I'd ask though. This is my first post, so I'm not able to post pics, but here's the links to them:
    (the zipper is broken, btw)
    i55.tinypic.com/2hwl6r5.jpg
    i56.tinypic.com/4ftn4p.jpg



    Last edited by boysRsmelly; September 10th, 2010 at 10:31 AM.

  15. #465
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Authenticate this hardware please. Chanel Classic Caviar Bag.

    Hello,
    I was wondering if any of you CHANELISTAS have seen this linkage supposedly last year's model for with the purpose of shortening the chain into a clutch, the link is only on one side of the bag, the inner left side when looking at bag from front.

    Your expertise is much appreciated in advance,

    Thank You
    Regards
    David IMG_1781..JPGIMG_1782..JPGIMG_1780..JPG

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 22 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 22 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •