User Tag List

  1. #361
    Bag Admirer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Hello everyone. I am looking at a chanel coco cabas but there is only one picture in the listing. what pictures should i ask the lady for so you can tell me if its real or not.
    thanks for the help.

  2. #362
    Vintage Lover lilstrlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Hey besty,

    You should ask for a picture of the hologram sticker, interior, box/dustbag if possible, close ups of the hardware, etc.
    Mrs. Lawson
    7-16-11

  3. #363
    Bag Admirer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    thanks lilstrlett ill get right on that and then post them here.

  4. #364
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Hello ladies,

    I recently bought this Modern Chain tote off a reputable eBay seller OnlyAuthentics. But I am very suspicious about this bag. Overall it looks authentic, I couldn't tell where it looks fake.

    When I compare the authenticity card with my other chanel bag, the font of this new serial card looks a little bit bigger. Even the tag looks kind of screwed up. The cell phone pocket has thread coming out. And the Chanel dust bag looks different, all my other Chanel dust bag has a string, but this one does not.

    Please help me authenticate this bag again, I spent over 2k on this bag. I attached some pictures of this bag. Please give your expert opinions. Thanks a bunch!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #365
    Soooooo Glad to be Here! eSwanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Sunny South!
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Anyone got any ideas if this chanel is authentic? Had a few opinions that it looks real but need to make sure..any help would be appreciated..

    Thanks

    oh..Additional pics right below!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life should be less about STRESS and more about HANDBAGS!!

  6. #366
    Soooooo Glad to be Here! eSwanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Sunny South!
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    more pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life should be less about STRESS and more about HANDBAGS!!

  7. #367
    Bag Junkie navymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Quote Originally Posted by eSwanky View Post
    more pics!

    I'm gonna give you a big thumbs up on your bag, eSwanky.
    Nice!
    NavyMom

  8. #368
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    please help me authenticate this chanel since I've never owned one I don't knowif its fake or real. I don't know what to ask the seller for photos of either
    please help me as I'm new here

    seller says: Fabulous White/Gold Chanel Handbag. I bought it at Tango (seller of vintage fashion and accessories) in High Street and was told by owner it was authentic.

    I think he said it was from the 1980's but can't quite remember.

    I haven't used it, so have decided to sell it. I bought from him for about $395.

    17 cm x 25 cm is approx measurement. Depth is about 8.5 cm. The chain handle comes off so could be used as a clutch.

    The bag has an old smell to it .. you get a real feel for it being quite old. It looks to have a patent type of number around the dome of the clasp on the inside.

    UK patent 1519246 UK.d973682 (and has a design mark on it). Fabric is quite heavy and all clasps quite solid in feel. Chain has a fair weight to it as well.

    what do you chanel experts think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #369
    Bag Junkie navymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Quote Originally Posted by marie-claire View Post
    please help me authenticate this chanel since I've never owned one I don't knowif its fake or real. I don't know what to ask the seller for photos of either
    please help me as I'm new here

    seller says: Fabulous White/Gold Chanel Handbag. I bought it at Tango (seller of vintage fashion and accessories) in High Street and was told by owner it was authentic.

    I think he said it was from the 1980's but can't quite remember.

    I haven't used it, so have decided to sell it. I bought from him for about $395.

    17 cm x 25 cm is approx measurement. Depth is about 8.5 cm. The chain handle comes off so could be used as a clutch.

    The bag has an old smell to it .. you get a real feel for it being quite old. It looks to have a patent type of number around the dome of the clasp on the inside.

    UK patent 1519246 UK.d973682 (and has a design mark on it). Fabric is quite heavy and all clasps quite solid in feel. Chain has a fair weight to it as well.

    what do you chanel experts think?

    Those photos aren't close enough for me to make out. Sorry.
    NavyMom

  10. #370
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    what should ask to get photos of that would help?

  11. #371
    Bag Junkie navymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Quote Originally Posted by marie-claire View Post
    what should ask to get photos of that would help?
    Need to see the sticker with the authentication number, also the authenticity card, and the back or inside of the CC from the flap. The screws should be flatheads.
    Would also like to see the leather closely.
    That might be enough to start.
    Those photos are just too small to make anything out.
    NavyMom

  12. #372
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Hi, I was wondering if you ladies can help me authenticate this purse
    CHANEL SMALL FLAP BAG WITH CHARMS AND A CHAIN STRAP - Toronto Buy & Sell Goods - Kijiji Toronto
    Also, I have attached the pictures that the lady sent me...but she didn't send me pictures of holograms, etc.
    It's my first time buying chanel and I don't want to get a fake so please help :D
    I'm going to look at the bag on wednesday, any tips on things that I should watch out for?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #373
    Vintage Lover lilstrlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    It kind of looks like PVC, but it's hard to tell from a picture. Sorry I'm not more help!
    Mrs. Lawson
    7-16-11

  14. #374
    ♥ Moderator ♥ Zombiegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    RM Obsessed!
    Posts
    19,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    I would definitely request detailed pics of the hologram sticker and cards.


    Quote Originally Posted by chenyingzi View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if you ladies can help me authenticate this purse
    CHANEL SMALL FLAP BAG WITH CHARMS AND A CHAIN STRAP - Toronto Buy & Sell Goods - Kijiji Toronto
    Also, I have attached the pictures that the lady sent me...but she didn't send me pictures of holograms, etc.
    It's my first time buying chanel and I don't want to get a fake so please help :D
    I'm going to look at the bag on wednesday, any tips on things that I should watch out for?
    W I S H ♥ L I S T
    Loving my collection!

  15. #375
    Bag Fan Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Chanel Handbag: Please help authenticate purse!

    Hello! I am new here to the forum, so I want to say "HELLO" to everyone! I am a lover of VINTAGE handbags and I recently bought 3 CHANEL purses. I am definitly not a Chanel expert, so I wanted everyones opinion on the authenticity of these bags. I only know what I have read here, so any additional help/ info would be GREAT! Here are some pictures of the first one (pink). It has some dents on the front because whoever stored it, left the chain laying over the top (IDIOT!), it has a sticker in the lower corner of the bag, and it is very hard to get a good photo. Thank you in advance for any help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 12 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 12 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •