User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48
  1. #31
    Moderator/Blogger VivaLaJuicy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,816
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suze Orman denied Chanel

    I'm 19... Living with my parents... FULL TIME College Student... Although I am moving out this coming Fall... I am welcome to stay here (the parents claim I am) as long as I want to...

    Living on your own is difficult, that's if you don't have a good job... especially if your working just to pay bills... idk.. that's my opinion...

    Anyways, everyones situations are different... I have friends who moved out as soon as they graduated highschool, and like I mentioned... they are working a bit more than minimum wage jobs, and they complain how all of their paycheck goes to food, apartment, necessities, car payments and college tuition... as a full time student, I wouldn't be able to take that risk... I'm just glad my parents are extremely supportive! ...and I will re-inverse them one day!

  2. #32
    Rising Bag Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    314
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suze Orman denied Chanel

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
    Everyone's situation is different. We are not here to bash other members about their living arrangements, we are here to talk about bags.
    Let's get back on topic.

    Thanks
    I agree with you completely. I NEVER judge others on their decisions and think it's terrible for some of us to be doing so. Everyone's situation is different. Let's not judge one another shall we? I am grown, 30, and don't live with my Parents, haven't for 11 years, but don't plan on putting someone down because they do. Let's just talk about bags!

  3. #33
    Vintage Lover lilstrlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suze Orman denied Chanel

    Thanks for quoting that guinness! I didn't even see that sly comment. Yes, I'm 23, and no, I do not live at home. I will, however, be moving back home for a few months, but that's not because I'm immature or irresponsible. And you are not talking to a wall, I just do not agree with what you have to say, and if you think that is a wall, then you are mistaken. I think Zombie and brandie are right, and we need to get over this topic of age and living with parents, weren't we talking about Chanel and Suze Orman?
    Mrs. Lawson
    7-16-11

  4. #34
    Official Bagista
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suze Orman denied Chanel

    Quote Originally Posted by VivaLaJuicy View Post
    Living on your own is difficult, that's if you don't have a good job... especially if your working just to pay bills... idk.. that's my opinion...


    ^^That is called growing up. Reality sucks sometimes. We can't all be like Carry Bradshaw... Sometimes in your life you have to work to just pay the bills.

    ... I have friends who moved out as soon as they graduated highschool, and like I mentioned... they are working a bit more than minimum wage jobs, and they complain how all of their paycheck goes to food, apartment, necessities, car payments and college tuition... as a full time student, I wouldn't be able to take that risk... I'm just glad my parents are extremely supportive! ...and I will re-inverse them one day!
    ^^But at least they are trying. Their hard work will pay off and one day they will look back and be proud of theirselves for everything they did. I know I am!

    My parents wanted me to stick around after high school because I am the youngest, but I moved as far away from them as I could. They helped with the cost of school and tuition, but I worked two jobs and paid my own way (apartment, food, clothing, car, insurance, etc) and found myself. At times, it really SUCKED. But, looking back, I work harder and I know the value of things. Yes, I like to treat myself...but when I do, it is within reason. I know about how many hours I would have to work to earn something, and that keeps me purchasing only things that I need or REALLY REALLY want, and not everything that I like.

    I have found that when you do things on your own, without help, it is incredibly rewarding.

    So...how bout them bags? What is your next purchase going to be?

  5. #35
    Official Bagista
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suze Orman denied Chanel

    Hmm..I don't know how some of my response got nested in with Viva's quote. This part of the quote is mine:

    ^^That is called growing up. Reality sucks sometimes. We can't all be like Carry Bradshaw... Sometimes in your life you have to work to just pay the bills.

  6. #36
    *The TBF Elite* Maeveyblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Perpetual Bliss...
    Posts
    3,512
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suze Orman denied Chanel

    Quote Originally Posted by VivaLaJuicy View Post
    I'm 19... Living with my parents... FULL TIME College Student... Although I am moving out this coming Fall... I am welcome to stay here (the parents claim I am) as long as I want to...

    Living on your own is difficult, that's if you don't have a good job... especially if your working just to pay bills... idk.. that's my opinion...

    Anyways, everyones situations are different... I have friends who moved out as soon as they graduated highschool, and like I mentioned... they are working a bit more than minimum wage jobs, and they complain how all of their paycheck goes to food, apartment, necessities, car payments and college tuition... as a full time student, I wouldn't be able to take that risk... I'm just glad my parents are extremely supportive! ...and I will re-inverse them one day!
    There is a huge difference between you and the others I am referring to. You are in college full time. I beleive that when my children are going to school full time, that is their job and we will pay for everything (tuition, car, insurance, food, etc - and then summers they will work for extra money). Once they graduate or go down to part time, they are on thier own.
    Just like right now, my 2nd grader gets paid for his 100's. Why? because it is his job to go to school. If he were getting bad grades and slacking off, he would be paying us for those grades.

  7. #37
    *The TBF Elite* Maeveyblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Perpetual Bliss...
    Posts
    3,512
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suze Orman denied Chanel

    [QUOTE=NashvilleDiva_83;47698]^^I have found that when you do things on your own, without help, it is incredibly rewarding.
    QUOTE]

    Best quote I've heard all week.


    And I just bought a LV Speedy 25 for my mom for Mother's Day.
    Thinking of...
    Chanel Black Jumbo
    LV Artsy MM
    Holy Grail: Chanel 06 Bleu Fonce Jumbo


    In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
    ~Einstein~

  8. #38
    Vintage Lover lilstrlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suze Orman denied Chanel

    I graduated college with a degree and my parents paid for me while I was in school, and maevy you said that you would do the same for your children. I did work during my summers. I pay my bills now, and I have very few expenses because I don't have things that need to be paid for. I don't have a car because I do not drive (I live in the city), and I live with my boyfriend (who pays our rent), therefore I can buy myself what I like, and no one in my life complains to me about it, so I don't understand how I am being singled out. I think it's immature that anyone would say negative things in a forum that is supposed to be fun for everyone, not a place for people to feel uncomfortable. I have tried several times to get us back on topic, but it seems that this conversation about being a certain age/living with your parents/buying yourself things continues. I think we need to end this discussion so that no one has to keep repeating themselves, and obviously get nowhere. Some people do not have the same views and I think those need to be respected, not attacked.
    Mrs. Lawson
    7-16-11

  9. #39
    Official Bagista
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suze Orman denied Chanel

    You aren't being singled out...and i am sorry you feel that way...

    We can get back on topic ... Again sorry I brought it up and I guess I will just limit my posts to what lv bag I am saving for.

    Dont get me wrong the forum is great... Its a lot of fun to read what everyone has to say and I have learned a lot ...

    But I guess this isn't a place to post candid honesty and have controversial conversations about things with more substance than a pricetag...

  10. #40
    Vintage Lover lilstrlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suze Orman denied Chanel

    I think getting back on topic is a good idea, but sly jabs and comments aren't necessary either, and with that, I'm not going to give this discussion any more fire. I'm all for an intellectual conversation, but this is a post about a Chanel bag and whether a girl should buy one, so I wouldn't try to make a remark about "price tags", when really the whole topic started with $650.
    Mrs. Lawson
    7-16-11

  11. #41
    Official Bagista
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suze Orman denied Chanel

    I think I figured it all out... You must be one of those people that have to have the last word... That's fine... We can't all be perfect like you. I guess since you were offended and felt singled out we should all just quit talking about the topic... In the beginning I said she should buy the bag...

    If you are/were so uncomfortable you should just read the post and move on... You dont have to whine...

  12. #42
    Is Back BagDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suze Orman denied Chanel

    Quote Originally Posted by Maeveyblue View Post
    Ladies, you are missing the point entirely. At 23 living at home is mooching off of your parents. Shame on you. Extenuating circumstances is one thing. Maybe a parent died or another one is elderly or ill, again, understandable. But for normal, run of the mill situations, at 23 you need to be living on your own and paying your own way. Haven't your parents done enough for you already? It's time to grow up, be mature and take care of yourself. If you have a great paying job and can afford to pay all of your bills, save some for a rainy day and then buy your bags, great. But for those still living at home, mooching off of your folks and then blowing your money on material things... well, if you were my child, you wouldn't be.

    And fyi, of course you should be welcome home to visit. My mom lived with us for 2 years while her divorce was finalized. But again, extenuating circumstances. She helped clean the house, helped with the business, the kids, etc... She didn't "live" off of us, which is what so many young people tend to do these days. And I would certainly never do that to my parents. Much like baby birds, we need to be pushed from the nest so we can grow, mature, thrive as adults. not live at home with mommy and daddy until we are 25 or 30.
    Um ok yeah. This is the most selfish reply I've found on this forum yet.

    I have to say, I joined the forum to learn about bags- the good, bad, and ugly because I want to eventually have a modest collection. And then I find this lovely lady I quote above.

    How pea-brained to compare us to baby birds being pushed out of a nest. The new alpha male lion comes into the pride and kills the offspring of the previous alpha lion. Should step-fathers kill the kids to begin a "pure family line"? Get real. That's why we're on the top of the food chain lady.

    If a young 23 year old still seeks support from her folks and under their roof while acquiring some nice material belongings (and I'm learning that a bag only increases in value) instead of going out, renting a crappy little shanty of an apartment while throwing her credit down the drain, I'm all for it.

    And your mom moving in with you for 2 years, helping with the business, the kids, ect, sounds like you got a nice break. Almost like you were 23, needing a little help? Hmmmm. Because a divorce doesn't quite warrant extenuating circumstances, especially with no other children under her care. I see a, "Mom, we could use your help here.....blah blah blah" And any loving mother, not one that just welcomes a visit would give her right arm to help her children. Get over yourself lady.
    Last edited by BagDiva; June 16th, 2008 at 06:42 PM.

  13. #43
    *The TBF Elite* Maeveyblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Perpetual Bliss...
    Posts
    3,512
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suze Orman denied Chanel

    Oh goodie, here we go again. First, it is "compare", not "compair". Please use spell check. As to your point, I really don't see one except that you have nothing valid to add to the discussion. It's all been stated, we ended the discussion about a month ago.

    That being said, I can see that obviously you are a "baby bird", living off of mommy and daddy and feel the need to justify your actions of "moochdom". How sad. And this is a perfect reason why this country is going to heck in a hand basket (or designer bag as I so like to purchase) because "children" like you won't grow up and stand up on your own two feet.
    I graduated college at the age of 20. I then rented an apartment and started my life. I didn't presume to move back in with mom and dad just because I could.Sure it would have been easier and I could have loaded up my closets but what was the point? I was a grown up, with grown up responsibilities. They had done enough for me over the first 20 years and I owed it to them to show I was an adult. This meant taking the plunge and being my own person, regardless of whether I fell or not. Obviously there are some extenuating circumstances which warrant making a move back in with your folks. And again, for a short period of time - while you get back on your feet. Your example is not one of them.

    It's the same with welfare in this country. Most welfare recipients are so used to hand outs that they don't even bother to look for jobs or stand on their own. Why should they when they can stick their hand out and get it all for free... And don't get me started on this because I have statistics out the wazoo. It would be a losing battle for you.

    If you want to look intelligent and "worldly", grow up, go out on your own for a couple of years, realize that it feels amazing to be doing something on your own and for yourself, and then we'll talk.

    Oh, and for your information, the only reason we are on the top of the food chain (in civilized areas as lions and bears still kill people in remote areas) is because we discovered fire and were able to make better weapons from our forefathers. But guess what... even our ancestors were thrown out on their own and had to fend for themselves. It's life.

    And finally, as for my mom, she is an angel. She needed the support and love of her family. She was also in her late 50's and was having to start over from scratch because my father took EVERYTHING from her - including the clothes on her back, all the money in their joint back account and her car. She was not a bratty 23 year old who is busy turning her nose up at a "shanty" and instead buying bags while mooching off of mom and dad. Funny, in your little rant I don't see anything about investing money for a down payment on a house or condo... just buying bags.
    Thinking of...
    Chanel Black Jumbo
    LV Artsy MM
    Holy Grail: Chanel 06 Bleu Fonce Jumbo


    In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
    ~Einstein~

  14. #44
    marc jacobs bag lover Mistii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suze Orman denied Chanel

    Quote Originally Posted by Maeveyblue View Post
    Oh goodie, here we go again. First, it is "compare", not "compair". Please use spell check. As to your point, I really don't see one except that you have nothing valid to add to the discussion. It's all been stated, we ended the discussion about a month ago.

    That being said, I can see that obviously you are a "baby bird", living off of mommy and daddy and feel the need to justify your actions of "moochdom". How sad. And this is a perfect reason why this country is going to heck in a hand basket (or designer bag as I so like to purchase) because "children" like you won't grow up and stand up on your own two feet.
    I graduated college at the age of 20. I then rented an apartment and started my life. I didn't presume to move back in with mom and dad just because I could.Sure it would have been easier and I could have loaded up my closets but what was the point? I was a grown up, with grown up responsibilities. They had done enough for me over the first 20 years and I owed it to them to show I was an adult. This meant taking the plunge and being my own person, regardless of whether I fell or not. Obviously there are some extenuating circumstances which warrant making a move back in with your folks. And again, for a short period of time - while you get back on your feet. Your example is not one of them.

    It's the same with welfare in this country. Most welfare recipients are so used to hand outs that they don't even bother to look for jobs or stand on their own. Why should they when they can stick their hand out and get it all for free... And don't get me started on this because I have statistics out the wazoo. It would be a losing battle for you.

    If you want to look intelligent and "worldly", grow up, go out on your own for a couple of years, realize that it feels amazing to be doing something on your own and for yourself, and then we'll talk.

    Oh, and for your information, the only reason we are on the top of the food chain (in civilized areas as lions and bears still kill people in remote areas) is because we discovered fire and were able to make better weapons from our forefathers. But guess what... even our ancestors were thrown out on their own and had to fend for themselves. It's life.

    And finally, as for my mom, she is an angel. She needed the support and love of her family. She was also in her late 50's and was having to start over from scratch because my father took EVERYTHING from her - including the clothes on her back, all the money in their joint back account and her car. She was not a bratty 23 year old who is busy turning her nose up at a "shanty" and instead buying bags while mooching off of mom and dad. Funny, in your little rant I don't see anything about investing money for a down payment on a house or condo... just buying bags.

    oh please will you stop insulting others,
    her life is not yours.
    even if you really dislike the way she goes about things
    the reality of it,
    is that its not you and its not the way you go about things
    so please if you were really 'sensible' and a 'respectful' person
    you would quit being so bigheaded about yourself about what you have done and what you want to put across and leave it. be respectful its only decent mannors jeez come on!
    WishList: Marc jacobs Venetia In White:rolleyes:,
    Marc Jacobs Dr. Q Hillier Saddle Bag In Light Brown:rolleyes:
    Marc Jacobs Faridah Hobo Bag In Navy

  15. #45
    Is Back BagDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suze Orman denied Chanel

    Quote Originally Posted by Maeveyblue View Post
    Oh goodie, here we go again. First, it is "compare", not "compair". Please use spell check. As to your point, I really don't see one except that you have nothing valid to add to the discussion. It's all been stated, we ended the discussion about a month ago.

    That being said, I can see that obviously you are a "baby bird", living off of mommy and daddy and feel the need to justify your actions of "moochdom". How sad. And this is a perfect reason why this country is going to heck in a hand basket (or designer bag as I so like to purchase) because "children" like you won't grow up and stand up on your own two feet.
    I graduated college at the age of 20. I then rented an apartment and started my life. I didn't presume to move back in with mom and dad just because I could.Sure it would have been easier and I could have loaded up my closets but what was the point? I was a grown up, with grown up responsibilities. They had done enough for me over the first 20 years and I owed it to them to show I was an adult. This meant taking the plunge and being my own person, regardless of whether I fell or not. Obviously there are some extenuating circumstances which warrant making a move back in with your folks. And again, for a short period of time - while you get back on your feet. Your example is not one of them.

    It's the same with welfare in this country. Most welfare recipients are so used to hand outs that they don't even bother to look for jobs or stand on their own. Why should they when they can stick their hand out and get it all for free... And don't get me started on this because I have statistics out the wazoo. It would be a losing battle for you.

    If you want to look intelligent and "worldly", grow up, go out on your own for a couple of years, realize that it feels amazing to be doing something on your own and for yourself, and then we'll talk.

    Oh, and for your information, the only reason we are on the top of the food chain (in civilized areas as lions and bears still kill people in remote areas) is because we discovered fire and were able to make better weapons from our forefathers. But guess what... even our ancestors were thrown out on their own and had to fend for themselves. It's life.

    And finally, as for my mom, she is an angel. She needed the support and love of her family. She was also in her late 50's and was having to start over from scratch because my father took EVERYTHING from her - including the clothes on her back, all the money in their joint back account and her car. She was not a bratty 23 year old who is busy turning her nose up at a "shanty" and instead buying bags while mooching off of mom and dad. Funny, in your little rant I don't see anything about investing money for a down payment on a house or condo... just buying bags.
    Wow, how talented you are to put your foot that far down your throat.

    FIY, I'm 35, I am the only name listed on my mortgage. During my divorce, while juggling 2 jobs to make sure my son went to the best school in town, I took no hand outs. I don't recall putting myself in a 23 year olds position, only stating that you were willing to crucify anyone over the 20 mark still living at home.

    And if we're the top of the chain only because we discovered fire (which was actually an accident of lightening), why haven't other lower species formed secret groups with this tool of fire (leared from observation) and attempted an overthrow of the human race. I'm sorry, but that's even sillier than to compare us to stupid birds.

    I'm going to assume (since you did with me) that you, my dear, graduated college at 20 with just an associate's (which really isn't "collar popping" impressive), are bitter in your life now that you gave such a sacrifice of selling your "business" to tend to your children that you just can't wait to boot out of the house.

    I bet everytime you load that dishwasher after dinner, you cringe at the sight of any one of your children that you bore just to have someone to love you, and you wonder just where the dream all went wrong.

    Go do a load of dirty laundry and when you can even come 1/2 close to my "worldlyness", look me up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •